Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I dremeled out around my throttle tube to decrease the snappy throttle response. After that was done, I had a good amount of slack in the throttle cable. I have maxed out the adjustment on the throttle side so I then propped the tank to look at the throttle bodies side. This is where my problem lies. I can't seem to figure out how to make an adjustment at that end of the cable. I have seen people recommend this but without an explanation. Is this possible? If I order a new cable, would it be short enough to cover the extra slack?

Anyone who has purchased a new throttle cable, where does the adjuster sit when it is brand new? Is it close to the throttle tube?

Thanks for any help. I am at a standstill.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dremeled a trench on the area where the throttle cable wraps around the throttle tube. I thought maybe that my throttle cable was stretched to begin with because the adjuster was already close to full adjustment prior to touching anything.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I looked at the throttle body side and I cant see how you could get any adjustment out of it. The nut goes on one side of a metal bracket and the threaded male end on the other side. So when you tighten the nut, it pinches against the bracket. It would have worked if they had placed a nut on each side of the bracket so you can adjust where it pinches.

Thanks for the help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.