Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just bought myself my first R1 and absolutly love, Just sorted out my cold start issue but now i notticed when i try take off or use clutch control my revs are really difficult to control betwwen 1000rpm and 3000rpm. Ive cleaned all the throttle bodys and serviced it. If i go into Diag mode and read the TPS data its sits at 16 but if i just touch the throttle it shoots up to 20! The bike has been flashed which could also be the reason for this. Thanks
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

· Registered
55 Posts
Best thing you can do is buy the FT ECU flash kit and either install a known good map from here (there is tons of good info and lots of experience in the FTECU thread), and/or modify the throttle curves to your liking. It's the best thing you can do for that bike. The factory throttle by wire settings suck, unfortunately. It's well worth it to have the license yourself vs sending it in to have it flashed IMO.

Beautiful bike BTW - one of my favorite colour schemes!

· Registered
139 Posts
Just curious what was the reason for your cold start issue? I just also bought my first R1, used 2012. 31k miles on it. Definitely came with a few issues. One being the cold start, just curious b/c I haven't fixed it yet. Going to do my own valve adjustment on it sometime next week when I get the shims in. Hoping that fixes it but who knows, could be different reasons, just wondering what yours was!

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just curious what was the reason for your cold start issue? I just also bought my first R1, used 2012. 31k miles on it. Definitely came with a few issues. One being the cold start, just curious b/c I haven't fixed it yet. Going to do my own valve adjustment on it sometime next week when I get the shims in. Hoping that fixes it but who knows, could be different reasons, just wondering what yours was!
Hi JasonCo, I replaced my battery for a lithium Ion one, I get about 240 Cold crank amps instead of 140. It made a huge change. I also noticed my fuel pump wouldnt prime with ignition somtimes, I had a bad connection on my starter relay that powers fuel pump! So i just replaced starter replay for £30 and cleaned and oiled all connections. Another thing I do which also helps is cycle your ignition 2-3 times when cold before you start it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts