Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Cheating death in the "D"
21,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been feeding the TI addiction lately, here's what I've swapped out (SST fasteners) so far, for TI fasteners on my 02-

1. Front/rear rotor bolts
2. Front caliper bolts
3. Front pinch bolts
4. Rear axle nut
5. Exhaust hanger & canister band bolts
6. Brake & Clutch lever bolts
7. Throttle Asm bolts
8. Bar end bolts
9. Rear stand spool bolts
10. Clip-on bolts
11. Triple clamp bolts
12. Steering Damper bolts
13. Frame Slider bolts

Have been using a new TI source (for me), was previousely using Yoyodyne, have since tried Tastynuts in UK, I would highly recommend them.

They have very easy to use bolt packs for each individual application, and/or order specialty items listed individually.

For those interested they also have anodized TI fasteners in Gold & Blue.

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,685 Posts
TTIWWOP!!!!!
And i've used Tastynutz before, and was highly pleased by their product, however it took a long time to get from them to me, approx 4 1/2 weeks.

·
21,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
R1Budha said:
TTIWWOP!!!!!
And i've used Tastynutz before, and was highly pleased by their product, however it took a long time to get from them to me, approx 4 1/2 weeks.
Have been pleasently surprised with Tastynuts, every time I've ordered it has been in stock, and I've received it in 4-5 days, and even with them being in the UK :D

Will post pics ASAP, looking at new digi-cams, or will borrow girlfriends ;)

·
wheres the aux rev limiter?
882 Posts
Yeah Ive used tasty nuts too , just dont get there d-ring dzus fairing kit it blows I had to do alot of extra work to get it to work and the 1/4 turns dont really engage that well , they need to do a little more homework on that product, plus they shipped me the wrong stuff and incomplete kit the first time, they have partially remedied the situation but I am still not satisfied.

·
L8R2U
21,459 Posts
Look sweet!! How much? How much weight diffence? :)

·
21,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
"bertr1" said:
Oh they weigh less? That means you get....umm... lemme think, yeah around .0003000535332 HP

:crash
You forgot to round up . . . 0.00030006 HP :lol

Its mainly for the ease of maintenance, unseized bolts, and cause I'm lazy and hate to keep the rust off the cheap SST fasteners, and they don't strip anyway near as easy as SST or Alum :yesnod

1 - 20 of 23 Posts