Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
'08 r1
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've got cord showing on my q4's. I'm going to get her some new shoes. Any advice on what to get? The q4 is a great tire, but, I want more mileage. I'm also not actually using what the q4 has to offer because I daily the damn thing.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
I miss my R1
3,619 Posts
Unless you're taking the bike on track or riding beyond 7/10ths on the street, I'd recommend a 2CT sport touring tire, personally.
Michelin Pilot Road 4's or the newer Road 5 are among the most popular. I ran PR4's on my R1 and was happy with them. I switched to Bridgestone T31's on my S1000R and I think unless you ride in the wet a lot, they're just as good. Bought a set for my Multistrada and can't wait to replace the Pirelli Scorpion Trail II's that came on it.

·
Registered
'08 r1
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Been looking at road 5's. Probably the route I'll go. Thanks for the feedback.

Before I pull the trigger I'll wait for others to weigh in.

Edit: I just found out tucker doesn't carry Michelin. So, looks like I'll be sticking with dunlop. A set of roadsports?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Unless you're taking the bike on track or riding beyond 7/10ths on the street, I'd recommend a 2CT sport touring tire, personally.
Michelin Pilot 4's or the newer Road 5 are among the most popular, and I ran PR4's on my R1 and was happy with them. I switched to Bridgestone T31's on my S1000R and I think unless you ride in the wet a lot, they're just as good. Bought a set for my Multistrada and can't wait to replace the Pirelli Scorpion Trail II's that came on it.
Damn! An R1, a BMW S1000R, and a Multistrada...what do you do for a living?
My mother was right..I should have gone to Dental School!

·
An R1 kinda day!
2015 Yamaha YZF R1 Raven Edition
872 Posts
Michelin Power 5's. I went with a 200/55 rear

Reactions: ZdaMan

·
Plastic surgery pending
5,882 Posts
Positive impressions out of my Bridgestone S22s. Probably won't get you a lot more mileage if I had to guess. More mileage probably means sport touring tires.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Michelin Pilot Road 4's or the newer Road 5 are among the most popular. I ran PR4's on my R1 and was happy with them. I switched to Bridgestone T31's on my S1000R and I think unless you ride in the wet a lot, they're just as good. Bought a set for my Multistrada and can't wait to replace the Pirelli Scorpion Trail II's that came on it.
I'm in the same boat and bought Road 5s, getting them put on on Tuesday so ill let ya know how those are

·
Premium Member
2018 Yam R1S
20 Posts
Well, I've got cord showing on my q4's. I'm going to get her some new shoes. Any advice on what to get? The q4 is a great tire, but, I want more mileage. I'm also not actually using what the q4 has to offer because I daily the damn thing.

I would also consider Dun Q3+, good on street & track, a harder carcass tire. The Q4 is a soft carcass tire primarily good for track & requires no heaters to get sticky quick.

·
Registered
'08 r1
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would also consider Dun Q3+, good on street & track, a harder carcass tire. The Q4 is a soft carcass tire primarily good for track & requires no heaters to get sticky quick.
Again, my buddy runs the q3+. He gets about the same life. I understand what you are saying, but when the rubber meets the road, the life is about the same.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just put a new set of Bridgestone Battleax S22 on front and rear and am loving them. A lot more feel than the older tire.

·
Registered
164 Posts

I use continental road attack 2 evo on my r1 and have gotten good mileage out of them on the street. They have an anti wear center on them and I would definitely buy them again

·
Venom X/O
25,281 Posts
I use continental road attack 2 evo on my r1 and have gotten good mileage out of them on the street. They have an anti wear center on them and I would definitely buy them again
See numbers.... told you don’t sleep on them conti’s

1 - 20 of 28 Posts