Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, time to do the clutch. I think I puked one of the plates up today. I'll know when I get into it. While I'm at it, I'm thinking about doing away with the slipper. Any ideas on where to get a non slipper for an '08? Or should I just get a new set of plates?

The plate kit is 4C8-W001G-00-00, right?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Why don't you like slipper clutch ? In my opinion changing it would possibly cause more drama to your bike that is working fine . I don't know it's possible to change it out if it's just a basket thing but I remember seeing something about how 06 and up slipper clutch bikes differ from 04 05 the way that oil gets to the gears . I can't remember exactly it was a guy on utube putting a 06 slipper clutch into an 05 he went over all the transmission oddities . Also after getting info on clutch work seems to me that after all is said and done oem plates with maybe like graves springs or springs that are stronger then oem is the go . I abuse the crap out of mine ,first set went like 12,000 miles I mean hard on her . Just my thoughts keep the rubber on the bottom side be safe or as safe as one can be riding on a rocket !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts