Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I eat my R1
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one do you guys like? I like the light smoked because you can still see through it at night. Those dark smoked ones are REAL dark.

·
Hooligan
195 Posts
I look over mine. I spray paint the back of the screen with satin black paint. It gives a really nice solid look. Anyone ever try those yellow/orange shields for your helmet? I hear they are great for overcast days.

·
Nightmare About to Come True
1,894 Posts
SmokeEater said:
I look over mine. I spray paint the back of the screen with satin black paint. It gives a really nice solid look. Anyone ever try those yellow/orange shields for your helmet? I hear they are great for overcast days.
I painted my Ducati windscreen and it turned out great. I sometimes use the yellow visor at night to cut dowm on glare. How bout this I am thinking of painting my clear windscreen but put a tuning fork logo on it first paint it then peel off the sticker,what do ya think

·
one liter asphalt eater
111 Posts
Screens

Well twisted, it sounds as if your plan will be a smashing success! Send some pics in once everything is completed.

My personal favorite is the incredibly dark ass black smokescreen, it just gives the bike that kickass mean look.

The colored helmet visors work fantastic at night. There is a company who makes a spare visor holder that works like a gun holster, so you dont have to scratch up your spare..I'll try to find that website for you guys.
It runs around 20 bucks I think.

Anyways, back at it!:cool:

·
I eat my R1
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How the hell do you see through the dam thing? I would go crazy not being able to see through it.

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
I'm going to change back to the original wind screen today to see how it looks.

I don't like the looks of the bubble on the dark wind screen. If the screen would've been dark but without the bubble I'd have keeped it.

Is it possible to paint the original wind screen with some kind of color thjat will make it darkisch (you should also be able to see through).

·
Really?
208 Posts
The original screen is tinted already. I´d never put a dark smoke windscreen on my bike. I like to be able to see through it.

·
Hooligan
195 Posts
No offense intended, but if you are looking through your windscreen then you aren't looking far enough down the road.

As far as tinting the stock screen goes, I don't know of any way to do it well. You'd be better off buying a SpeedScreen that has the tint you want.

That new silver R1 would look awesome with a silver iridium windscreen.

·
Really?
208 Posts
None taken. Why wouldn´t I be looking far enough down the road? I can get down behind the screen and still be able to see where I´m going. If you´re not behind the screen you´re not trying hard enough...

·
1,894 Posts
Painted my old clear(stock) windscreen black today just for grins,the yellow is on the inside under the paint

·
I eat my R1
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How much was that rear set cover or what ever it is called. Also where did you get it? I want one. :D

·
1,894 Posts
That looks like the one from Yamaha http://www.yamaha-motor.com/access/mcaccess2a.html
I had one but it broke like 5 times after that I gave it away,I think it broke cause they use little screws to hold the base on and when you wheelie you hit the pad adn bust them loose but I love the way it looked. I got mine for 100.00 but retail is 149.99USD

·
Pure Power
97 Posts
yea, it's the yamaha one, i got mine at the dealership for $140. I took out the screws and put a bead of epoxy around the screw posts. they are tiny screws too.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts