Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Anti-Prius
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right now i have the regular D208s that come stock. i'm on second set. i get about 7500-8000 miles per set. i am thinkin of tryin the 208GPs or the Pirelli DiabloCorsas. i doubt i'll be goin to the track anytime this year due to my budget but i WILL be hittin the canyons pretty hard. i noticed that they do not have any tread on the outer parts of the tire like race slicks...

do the GPs and DiabloCorsas provide enough traction on the road or are they for track use only? would i be more likely to lowside by hitting a patch of water or debris? how many miles do you guys get out of em?

thanks in advance.

·
glory last forever
203 Posts
I just changed my rear was a supercorsa i got 5010k"s (dont no what that is in miles sorry) i found it to be a excellent street tyre stuck like velcro but yeah very scarey if you hit a bit of a wet patch on the road,i nearly went down 2 times but never .
I"ve just put a standard diablo on today (supercorsa was just a bit to much $$$ at present)

If you dont ride in the rain,wet roads much i myself would go the diablocorsa .
Also found a 180 pirelli is the same width as a normal 190 tyre it was explained to me as why ,but i cant remember but its something to do with the shape

·
Ah the joys of the twisties
1,771 Posts
The 208gp's are more a track tyre given their profile,also they need a lot of heat in them to work properly.The Diablo corsa's are a more rounded profile and are much better suited to fast road riding but thats not to say they cant do a good job on the track.:thumbup

·
The Anti-Prius
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually i have decided to go with the michelin pilot sports... the diablo corsas and D208GPs are way too expensive for my budget, esp since i am savin for a dainese bora 1-piece, new gloves, boots and an arai. first thing after the tires will be toby 916 style damper. see ya at the track.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts