Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Ducati stuff
9,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.... I have returned suckas!!!! :crash
I bought a drz 400 sm and the tires are whooped what am i gonna put on this thing.. I will take it on a trail and jump a few front lawns with it. :sneaky

·
I got this ****
4,927 Posts
he's back!!!! sup dude? just go pick out a hybrid tire test it out and quit bitchin before everyone realizes your back and continues the gay bashing

·
Ducati stuff
9,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
he's back!!!! sup dude? just go pick out a hybrid tire test it out and quit bitchin before everyone realizes your back and continues the gay bashing
Yer dead meat!! :hammer:

i have a used 150 tire interested
Thanks i got a set of conti's well see how it goes. Appreciate the offer though.:fact

·
Ducati stuff
9,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is nice bike!!!! Can we see a side shot??:flex:

·
X_Infantry
2,934 Posts
They are very nasty off road when its wet but they actually work pretty good all around.

Ill give up some off road ability for the grip & feel on the road.

Im not sure if your joking, if your not please give more details please.

I enjoy riding & having a SM bike more than the R1 for anyone thinking of getting one.

·
Ducati stuff
9,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They are very nasty off road when its wet but they actually work pretty good all around.

Ill give up some off road ability for the grip & feel on the road.

Im not sure if your joking, if your not please give more details please.

I enjoy riding & having a SM bike more than the R1 for anyone thinking of getting one.
I am really thinking about giving up my R6 and getting another drz and working the motor up. This thing is so much fun I want to hug it!!! the mountain roads around here are pocked with washouts pot hols and all kinds of other crap now... no more maintenance going on, the motardo makes it that much more fun!!!
:crash

·
Super Moderator
24,190 Posts
Nice sumo Fozz.

Did you have them do the suspension bits for sumo use or dirt?

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi there, sorry should be more specific, what i meant was when i saw a pilot power on the rear of your tard it brought back bad memories of a crash i had on mt 07 wr450 tard street bike. what i didnt know back then was there desighned for heavier sports bikes mainly and due to that fact and the comopund of rubber they dont warm up well/ quickly on a light bike or stay warm for that matter. because of this i ended up parking my bike under a fence in the hills were i ride... quiet funny now wen i look back on it!!!
now i run dunfol gpr12a front and rear as there nice and soft wan warm up fast being intended for smaller bikes is rgv's and cb1250's.
but on my yz450f sumo track bike i run brigi battlax supermoto slicks, with a 165 rear.

·
X_Infantry
2,934 Posts
Race Tech did the gold valve upgrade & adjusted "stiffened" the suspension for road racing use.

The stock gear was way to soft / mushy / bouncy for really tearing around on the road imo.

When I built the bike back in 2006 the Pilot Power in this size was recommended by some racers on supermoto junkies.

Ive nearly lost the rear several times but it could have been other factors.

One thing thats for sure is they drift slide great & last a long time.

TGP = Was your suspension stock ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
umm, upgraded / heavier racetech springs with just the stock valving.
i highly reccomend trying the dunlop gpr12a tyres if you never have. just probs not the best for long distance commuting as there bit softer than the norm. personally i love them as my wr is only used for hills thrashing.
oh.. im assuming u guys over there can get your hands on near nethn. over here in australia we dont get the best range of product...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
8 Participants
tgp450
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing