Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
R6-R6-R6-R6-R6
38 Posts
The FZ1 is a great bike. I'll own one someday.

I'm waiting to find a crashed one, it would make the coolest damn streetfighter ever! :D

·
R6-R6-R6-R6-R6
38 Posts
Is there any FZ1-Fazer owners on the board yet??

·
Registered
3 Posts
I love this bike! I was just reading your "wheelie" section of the forum and was amazed at a 6th gear wheelie. That takes cajones!

I like to take my FZ to the drag strip. it hasnt seen any roadracing yet other than backroads, but come next spring it will.

I wish it wasnt as tall as it is. cornering clearance is very good. it needs the stock windshield replaced for longer rides.

and of ocurse it has all the power i 'need' (not all that i want, but is there ever enough? haha) and the obvious...it's comfy. :)
no sore wrists! yahooooo!

Rick

·
Registered
3 Posts
FZ1

My FZ is puttin out 131 rwhp & 75ft torque. not bad. and thats right there where the R1 is at.

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Hey there T FZ-1.

I'm curious about how much that thing weights in at. It must weight less than the R1.. it's pretty much naked!

So, you wheelie? :)

·
Registered
447 Posts
Welcome to the forum T FZ-1. I notice you are from PA. Where abouts? I'm here in Mechancisburg.

Swedie, Yamaha claims it weighs 458lbs dry. The 2002 R1 is 382lbs in comparison.

·
Hooligan
195 Posts
I traded my FZ-1 on a 2002 R1. The FZ-1 is a great bike, but not sporty enough for me. I lowered the risers, piped it and put Ivan's needles in. The bike rips. No doubt about that. Almost too much power for the suspension. The front end gets really light which is scary in the corners. I'm going for better handling with the R1. That FZ is a wheelie monster though!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've got an FZ1 and love it! 8500 pleasure miles in 8 months isn't bad;) Especially when I didn't take any trips over 500 miles! I love the thing, but then why wouldn't I. It rocks in the twisties, is a blast at the strip and is all-day comfy! Plenty fast, too. a 10.918 1/4 mile time with a 200 + pound (beginner drag racer) rider on board. The only performance mod Ive done so far is go down a tooth on the front sprocket.

What's up, Rick!

All other FZ1 owners should check out the FZ specific forum here http://pub29.ezboard.com/bfz1ownersassociation
We're growing fast and are a great bunch of guys.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts