Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Would you sell your bike (R1) to a 16 year old kid who had never ridden a bike?

• Yes: if he's got the cash, he can have the bike.

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • No: I can't live with that on my head.

Votes: 10 66.7%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Self Appointed
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you were looking to sell your bike, would you sell it to a 16 year old kid who had never ridden a bike before? :scared

·
190 rear section heaven !
1,997 Posts
EEEEEEeeeeeeeeeer no.

Not in a million years, couldn't live with the inevitable consequences !

·
we meat again
18,563 Posts
Sell it and then ask him to sign that $1 million life insurance policy you bought for him... :crash

j/k man... :D

Seriously, I don't think is a good idea to sell it to a 16-yrs-old that has no motorcycle experience. Maybe if he has been riding motocross since he was a little kid, then I might consider then.

:)

·
Bikeless, but looking!!
685 Posts
valerossi said:
Sell it and then ask him to sign that $1 million life insurance policy you bought for him... :crash

j/k man... :D

Seriously, I don't think is a good idea to sell it to a 16-yrs-old that has no motorcycle experience. Maybe if he has been riding motocross since he was a little kid, then I might consider then.

I totally agree:thumbup As much as I would like to look pimped :epimp on an R1, I'm going ahead and starting on the smallest most pathetic bike for my lifes sake! Thank God for the Ninja 250r!! LOL

·
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!
1,238 Posts
R1DER said:
EEEEEEeeeeeeeeeer no.

Not in a million years, couldn't live with the inevitable consequences !
I AGREE.

·
we meat again
18,563 Posts
blue_wrx2003 said:
I totally agree:thumbup As much as I would like to look pimped :epimp on an R1, I'm going ahead and starting on the smallest most pathetic bike for my lifes sake! Thank God for the Ninja 250r!! LOL
I don't think you'll like the 250r, starting with a 600 is not bad either... :yesnod

Anyway, the most important thing is how you control yourself. If you like to do stupid things, I'm sure you can easily hurt yourself on that 250r also.

·
mmmmm...black bike
1,856 Posts
This is a hard decision....it depends on how bad you need to sell your bike. I also would not want to sell my bike to someone 16 year old and have them go out and kill themselves with it....but on the other hand if you are in dire need to sell it, the responsibility would fall on the parents of said 16 year old to make them go to a safety course, blah blah blah. You cannot control the actions of others....BUT if you are NOT hurting too badly and you can afford to pass up on that person...that might keep that person from eventually killing themselves.

Ok NOW...all the 16 year old reading this will probably flame me:lol but I can honestly say that when I was a 16 year old, I was fairly conservative....but shit I STILL loved to speed around and race cars whatever.

Basically, if you can afford to pass up on them it may be in their best interest. Hope this helps :hellobye

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
6,870 Posts
I'd warn him that it is a stupid idea, but if he insisted, I'd still sell it to him. If he had his heart set on one and his parents were foolish enough to buy it, then I'm sure he could easily find someone else to buy it from.

- BA

·
Lock & Load
1,430 Posts
When I was about 23 I sold my friend a maxim 650. He bought it for his brother for his sixteenth birthday. Like two nights later he was flying and a car pulled out un front of him...more his fault (they say) due to high speed. He really got hurt and is still "slow" today. I saw him a while ago and it really hit home. I have always felt bad even though it wasn't my fault.

·
Get-some
73 Posts
Cash talks - if he's gonna buy a bike - it can be you or someone else that he buys from. You want to sell it, then sell it and don't look back.His choices are his own. You have no responsibility to anyone else.

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
Sell it. You are not there holding there hand when they decide to buy drugs, or have sex without a condom.

But sell it only with their parents consent.

·
Self Appointed
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I tried to edit the poll to include undecided, but it says I can't b/c I am not a mod.

blue_wrx2003 said:
blue_wrx2003: I am still trying to decide if I am selling it or not, I am not in the same state as the bike for 90% of the year and I am leaving the country for 4 months soon also. It just makes sense to sell it now, then buy another bike when I get back. I would also kind-of like the extra cash while I am in Europe to further promote my plan to party like a rockstar for four months... :boobies

... I know I need to take the stickers off the tank... :iamwithst

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts