Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Working hard
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Today the weather was nice and I had a couple of hours to kill so I made my first trip up to Deal's Gap.

I'll have to say it was all I expected and more.

Attachments

·
Working hard
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had seen pictures in other posts but pictures or words can't begin to explain this place. Plus it was almost empty today.

Attachments

·
WERA/CCS #217
5,983 Posts
Nice pics man, hope to check it out myself this year

·
Working hard
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:lol Just thought I'd give you all a little preview of the place I know alot of you will be going to in the next few months

Attachments

·
Convention main man
13,733 Posts
A few of us were/are thinking about hitting it this weekend. But looks like the weather is gonna spoil it for us. Although on weather.com the rain is still way out west and moving north:dunno. We will definately be making a trip soon though. And many after that.

And also the BIG trip in June. THe R1- Forum East Coast Convention at Deal's Gap June 9-13th. http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65218

Hope to see ya'll there. It is gonna :rock

BTW, nice pics.:yesnod Really makes me want to get back up there now.

·
L8R2U
21,459 Posts
Nice pics! looks like fun:thumbup

·
C ya on the twisties...
274 Posts
Kewl pics. :cool:

What were the conditions like? Was there still alot of sand and salt on the road?

I'll be there the 3rd week of April.

·
Working hard
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sand in one curve at the bottom. Roads were actually in very good condition. A few turns had gravels in it but other than that it was good.

No traffic either today.

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
6,870 Posts
:rock

I hope to make the pilgrimage there one day... I imagine the roads are a bit salty right now, so I'd not try to go through there too fast...

- BA

·
Convention main man
13,733 Posts
bpa00 said:
:rock

I hope to make the pilgrimage there one day... I imagine the roads are a bit salty right now, so I'd not try to go through there too fast...

- BA
You could make the great pilgrimage in June to the East Coast Convention :D

Caliboy02R1, is coming from oklahoma city, ok

·
Working hard
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
One more from top of the mountain.

I'll try to keep you all informed on conditions. It's a nice little trip for me to take when I get a few hours free.

I'm trying to make some plans to come in June. Just hope I'm not the slowest one there.

Attachments

·
Convention main man
13,733 Posts
No worries about that. There will be guys of all levels there. Several guys that have never even been to the Gap before. It will be a great time.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts