Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys. just wanted to see the pic quality and how it looks on screen. don't flame me about the tires. just testing.

Attachments

·
pavement tester....
7,282 Posts
its your bike and if that is what you like props to you.
Having said that, I personally think its ugly... :dunno

·
Former cat. 3 bicycle racer
160 Posts
I aint mad at ya. How do the tires perform? What would you compare them to? I understand they are retreads and you are able to choose what carcass you want.

I would like to try a street compound on a race profile (for the shape) carcass?

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the tires are too good to be true. they are better than i thought. i am using the BT010 carcass with sport compounds. they are awesome. i had tried the black ones in the past, but these are equaly good.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
but somehow i managed to take the rear tire all the way. i don't know if it shows in the pic. it's good. it's real good :thumbup

Attachments

·
Drinking Colt 45's with Lando
6,077 Posts
I want nothing more than to see a full review on these tires.

Look like they are hard to keep clean.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jeff said:
I want nothing more than to see a full review on these tires.

Look like they are hard to keep clean.

hehehe don't worry about it. as soon as u roll away the dust and dirt come off revealing it's true color. the rubber gets eaten away little by little so the color is always refreshed. check out the sides of the front where they were used. my driveway is full of dust from the field next to my house. this is me testing the black ones.

Attachments

·
WERA/CCS #217
5,983 Posts
Congrats..

Nice to try or be something different.. thats the reason we all ride anyways..

while everyone else wonders or assumes.. you are experiencing something new man..

Good luck with the tires, and let more about how well they actually stick and whats the milage you get outta them..

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
6,870 Posts
Not for me, but whatever floats your boat...

- BA

·
Registered
446 Posts
cool looking to bad you don;t have the red flames to go with it

·
Tap dat...
14,410 Posts
It's interesting to say the least. Not sure if I'd go with red tires on a bike that doens't have any red on it at all.

Maybe try black tires. :lol

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Daekwan said:
Congrats..

Nice to try or be something different.. thats the reason we all ride anyways..

while everyone else wonders or assumes.. you are experiencing something new man..

Good luck with the tires, and let more about how well they actually stick and whats the milage you get outta them..
well said bro. they really do stick very well. just like the black ones. i squeezed 4500 miles out of the rear black tire i had on. it's the same one in the pic when i wa testing them. i ride hard, so u get a clear picture of how well they hold up.

Attachments

·
WERA/CCS #217
5,983 Posts
Vahakn said:
well said bro. they really do stick very well. just like the black ones. i squeezed 4500 miles out of the rear black tire i had on. it's the same one in the pic when i wa testing them. i ride hard, so u get a clear picture of how well they hold up.
I'm sure alot of people who doubted you and these tires are surprised to see you draggin knees on that..

then again.. of the 20,000 members on this forum.. about 1/2 of them have usually make comments and/or assume something without every experiencing it for themselves..

I've seen people rag on these tires for over the past year now, and nice to see one our very own VERIFY what they are capable of..

I'm not necessarily a fan of coloured tires, especially considering painting my R1 all black and running Pirelli DC's on the track.

But it sure would be pimp to have the new 1000RR in red/black with the red tires on you have.. and tearing up the corners..

1 - 20 of 37 Posts