Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· RU1WITHYOUR1?
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My stock coolant level is low and i want to top up before I go ahead and flush it with Engine Ice. Can one add, say, Engine Ice to the stock coolant, mixing them together? Or is that not advisable.

Thanks,

Jonathan

· go go juice gonna make me win
1,068 Posts
agree with others, i'm sure u can but it's a waste. just add some antifreeze or some di water, or worst case some hose water if it'll be very short term.

· RU1WITHYOUR1?
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have some di water, i'll throw that in. DOes Engine Ice deteriorate over time if it's sitting in its container with a closed lid, but has been opened say 2 years ago?

· My R1.
3 Posts
I am in the same boat right now, did u top off the original coolant with engine ice?
I noticed my coolant is BLUE in color, can i just top-off with engine ice or HPC (honda coolant, this is available at the dealer close to my house :))
PS : I am in MICHIGAN.

· go go juice gonna make me win
1,068 Posts
u can top it off with anything that would normally go in there. may not get benefit from engine ice when mixed, but it's not gonna start melting anything. if it's a small amount di water might be better, just as long as it doesn't get diluted enough to freeze where you're at.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.