1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is in reaction to my previous post regarding a long distance ride:

Chicago To Florida......on the ONE?

For those of you who would NOT take the trip:
1. Do you ride only in "Good" weather? IE above 50 degrees and sunshine?
2. Do you need to have a destination when you ride?

For those of you who WOULD take the trip:
1. Do you try to ride year round regardless of where you reside in the United States? (Winter riding, :riding :rock)
2. Do you find yourself terminating rides because of time constaints? IE, you have to go to a party later, you have to go to work, or the GF is bugging that you don't spend enough time with her......

·
7th Kyu
1,473 Posts
I wouldn't have done the ride, just because I found my R1 to be far to uncomfortable for that long of a ride. Now that I have my Corbin Seat and Heli Bars, I'm down for a ride across Rt. 66. Any Takers?

Thanks,
Ray

·
Beeeeeer!
9,542 Posts
I'll ride rain or shine till it gets to 30-35. But I don't start back riding till it gets to 40 or so. When I go out I ride till I run out of time.
Your trip sounds great but with those time constraints you'll be mostly on the highway and that would not be enjoyable at all. But then you can say that youve done it.

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
6,870 Posts
I'd probably do it if I could take that much time off. I figure I'm good for 300-400 miles per day on the ONE. Of course, considering I now have a jeep and trailer, I'd probably just trailer it down there...

- BA

·
Look out for what truck????
258 Posts
I'll ride pretty much year round. I don't do snow and ice if I can avoid it, but other then that I'll ride. I won't do any long distance stuff on the R1 till I get a new seat! This sucker is as bad as a 929/954 seat!

·
Taming the Beast.
514 Posts
I usually stop riding when it gets down to 30 or so degrees in the morning/night, that's my cut off. I am not a fair weather rider I just think it's a long trip on a bike if you will only be there for a weekend. If you were staying for an entire week or a week and a half I would definately ride down and take in the sights along the way. By the sounds of it you are pressed for time so if I were you I'd buy a plane ticket.

·
You think you can keep up?!
652 Posts
LeenAngle said:
This is in reaction to my previous post regarding a long distance ride:

Chicago To Florida......on the ONE?

For those of you who would NOT take the trip:
1. Do you ride only in "Good" weather? IE above 50 degrees and sunshine?
2. Do you need to have a destination when you ride?

For those of you who WOULD take the trip:
1. Do you try to ride year round regardless of where you reside in the United States? (Winter riding, :riding :rock)
2. Do you find yourself terminating rides because of time constaints? IE, you have to go to a party later, you have to go to work, or the GF is bugging that you don't spend enough time with her......
I ride as long as there isn't too much ice on the road. I rarely have a destination except to make it to a gas station before I run out! And usually my rides are 100-300 miles. I'd do a trip to florida in a second just for the fun of it.

Don't be discourged by people who just own bikes. :rant

·
THEY CALLED ME SWEETNESS!!!!!!
6,538 Posts
you still here? :lol

I try to ride as much as I can, regardless of what I have to do. The only things that prevent me from ridng are work and my 3 year old son, period! I'd much rather ride than party, and I'd much rather ride than sit down and talk to my lady. :fact :lol
Typically, I try to ride as long as the temps are above 35 degrees. Once my knees go numb, it's time to park the bike.
Again, if I had the time, I'd LOVE to take that ride. However, I'd need at least 5 days to relax, look around, etc. before I headed back.

·
WUZ-UP !
4,367 Posts
I like riding in the canyons,traffic kills me,freeways and straight roads are boring.I don't ride in the rain or when it's too cold,if I'm not enjoying it why do it.:riding :beer :thumbup

·
Shut up and ride
2,359 Posts
I'll ride until I am out of time. If it's too cold, I will just put more gear on. I don't like my bikes sitting up collecting dust and sh!t.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hahahahaha I've come down to my conclusion!

There are the passionate ones that love twisties and get bored in traffic........

Then there are the ones like me:D ...........

The OBSESSIVE PASSIONATE ones:crash :rock

Ever since I took up this sport, I've been living for the next ride......

If there is anyone from Chicago that would like to come with me, I'm going the weekend of May 15th. Then maybe we can spend a day at :rock :rock DEAL'S GAP :rock :rock for a day or two on the way back:riding :

1 - 12 of 12 Posts