Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found alot of threads about the TPS sensor but not what I'm exactly looking for. My dealership told me that there are two TPS sensors on my bike. They quoted me that they were both 230 each not to mention the 300 in labor to put them on. My question is are the two sensors the exact same part? I have found them slightly cheaper on various websites but I'm only finding one TPS sensor. I know one is on the side of the throttle bodies and it the other appears to be on the front. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. thanks in advance!

If you're curious to what the bikes doing, while riding, the check engine light will occasionally come on. The bike seems to ride the same but I learned how to look at the diagonostic screen and it shows code 59. It's been doing it for a month or so now. The only time the bike seemed to malfunction was once the bike lost throttle response. I coasted to a stop, turned the switch off, then back on, and the bike seemed fine again.

It has 10,000 miles on it and been garaged it's entire life so it doesn't set in the weather. It had around 7000 miles on it when I purchased it in March and I've put 3000 on it since then. The only other things is it seems really cold natured upon first startup. After the first start up of the day though, it will crank on the first try the rest of the day. Under 4,000 rpms it seems jerky or jittery also but other than that, I can't think of anything else. Would any of this be relating to the sensors?

·
Registered
6 Posts
"""4000 giri sembra anche uno scatti o nervoso, ma a parte questo, non riesco a pensare ad altro"". SOSTITUIRE BOBINE ANCHE SE CONFORMI

1 - 2 of 2 Posts