Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know ohm or resistance reading when the throttle position sensors are fully closed versus fully open. Necessary for bench testing TPS. I have the owner's manual it says Max resistance is 3 ohms but trying to identify if it has a throttle closed resistance issue.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
it operates off changing voltage not resistance so it shouldn't matter long as its in the manual spec. you have to check the output voltage with it hooked up to the bike at open and closed

·
Registered
10 Posts
it operates off changing voltage not resistance so it shouldn't matter long as its in the manual spec. you have to check the output voltage with it hooked up to the bike at open and closed

Agreed. One thing I’m not sure of is if the range can be fine but the voltage change be bad. In my case, there was a gap in my tps range, so i never even checked voltage. The tps was so tight next to the frame that I had to remove the throttle body to put it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
yea it's pretty tight to get that off. Tapping into the wire and turning the bike on then twisting the throttle let's you see the voltage. On some bikes there's a way to calibrate it in the self diagnostics but I think the 05 just has the slotted bolts for clocking the sensor differently to line up the voltage and then it does the self diagnostic movement on startup. What's the symptom your having? Don't forget you have the idle solenoid on the bottom of the throttle bodies that causes issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Sharksawyer
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing