·
Track time :flex:
14,730 Posts
:).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Did you raise the rear of the bike? Did it help with running wide when driving hard out of corners?
Looks like he raised it 2mm...:nerd:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Did you raise the rear of the bike? Did it help with running wide when driving hard out of corners?
I sure did. It helped it a good bit. I then had my suspension guy set up my front end and it turns in even better than before, especially while trail braking!

Looks like he raised it 2mm...:nerd:
Yes sir, it's all stock components though. I saw you were at Road ATL also. When is your next time out at a local SE track?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I sure did. It helped it a good bit. I then had my suspension guy set up my front end and it turns in even better than before, especially while trail braking!

Yes sir, it's all stock components though. I saw you were at Road ATL also. When is your next time out at a local SE track?
I'm not sure I'll be out on the R1 this year. Been riding poorly and I'm trying to get some training done before I get on the big bike again.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm not sure I'll be out on the R1 this year. Been riding poorly and I'm trying to get some training done before I get on the big bike again.
I'm not sure of your skill level as I've never seen, nor rode with you before, and although I am no professional I would be more than happy to help you in any way I can at the track.

What group are you currently riding in? What do you believe your weaknesses are, and what are some of your lap times from Barber, Road ATL, Jennings, Tally?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I'm I group and I don't know my times from any of those tracks except RdA where I literally did a race my first time out there. Had (2) 15min sessions and (2) races. Best lap was a 1:49.3ish, nothing the write home about (it's about 8-9 sec of the winners pace). I'll be getting down to Jennings later in the year, but not before I've been back to CornerSpin and had a few more days on my minimotard at the Herrin Compound.

I'm sure we'll link up at some point, I will take all the help I can get! Thanks for the offer, stay in touch.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
201 - 216 of 216 Posts
About this Discussion
215 Replies
55 Participants
Ckempf
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing