Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Recently purchased a 6X12, it has the "motorcycle" package on it (4 tie downs). Wondering what kind if set up people are running and looking for ideas for mine. First plans, add tie downs, paint walls (what kind of paint?), flooring. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

-Kyle

·
Super Moderator
24,193 Posts
Even though the Pitbull TRS does not "require" additional tie downs or anything, I still recommend straps and tie downs. The TRS contacts the bike at the axle, and any lateral forces subjected to the machine are pretty much concentrated on the swingarm and swingarm pivot. I usually believe in redundancy.

·
Crossed Up
1,601 Posts
Even though the Pitbull TRS does not "require" additional tie downs or anything, I still recommend straps and tie downs. The TRS contacts the bike at the axle, and any lateral forces subjected to the machine are pretty much concentrated on the swingarm and swingarm pivot. I usually believe in redundancy.
I'd think it'd see a whole bunch more force on a race track than just wiggling back and forth in a trailer.

·
Super Moderator
24,193 Posts
I'd think it'd see a whole bunch more force on a race track than just wiggling back and forth in a trailer.
They "wiggle" pretty good. The floor in the bike trailer my bike gets around in has a checkerboard floor and the front tires coincidentally go on a line formed by the different tiles. When we get done with a haul (especially on a bumpy NC or SC road, the front wheels will be about 6 inches on one side or the other. I'm contemplating putting removable wheel chocks in just to minimize movement while underway.

·
Crossed Up
1,601 Posts
They "wiggle" pretty good. The floor in the bike trailer my bike gets around in has a checkerboard floor and the front tires coincidentally go on a line formed by the different tiles. When we get done with a haul (especially on a bumpy NC or SC road, the front wheels will be about 6 inches on one side or the other. I'm contemplating putting removable wheel chocks in just to minimize movement while underway.
Interesting. My trailer floor is carpeted, so they don't move an inch.

Maybe you should stop hitting those sweet jumps when you're pulling the trailer.

Or... maybe your front suspension isn't set up properly...

·
Super Moderator
24,193 Posts
Interesting. My trailer floor is carpeted, so they don't move an inch.

Maybe you should stop hitting those sweet jumps when you're pulling the trailer.

Or... maybe your front suspension isn't set up properly...
Yep, that's the problem. Incorrect suspension settings. Thanks for solving that. :icon_rolleyes:

·
Crossed Up
1,601 Posts
Yep, that's the problem. Incorrect suspension settings. Thanks for solving that. :icon_rolleyes:
:icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes: at your inability to detect sarcasm.. :boobies

I figured the sweet jumps comment would have made it fairly obvious..:fact

·
Super Moderator
24,485 Posts
'm contemplating putting removable wheel chocks in just to minimize movement while underway.
Guess I should of said I have a pit-bull wheel chock as well. So my front wheel doesn't move much.

·
Super Moderator
24,193 Posts
Guess I should of said I have a pit-bull wheel chock as well. So my front wheel doesn't move much.
I thought you had the wheel chock the last time I saw your rig. I really think that's the way to go. I can only imagine the load being put on our swingarms when the bikes are being bounced around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts