Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Forum Moderator
3,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
anyone try the Michelin Pilot Race H2's?... I'm looking at new tires for my r6.. found out i'm running dated Pilot Race treads.. and my treads arn't heating up properly..

I have 2 extra sets of M1's.. and I'll prob throw thoes on till summer.. but till then.. anyone have remarks? Not looking for slicks.. cause I'm not that elite :crash

·
Action figure sold separately
12,225 Posts
I have. They're pretty good. I may even have one set of H2 take offs still available, if you're interested. I'm right in the middle of changing the tires now, taking off the last set of Pirellis and putting on a new set for the big track at WSIR this Wednesday.

·
Forum Moderator
3,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anything else you'd reccomend beside the H2's?.. thx for the offer on the takeoffs.. but i'll bite the bullet and get em new :yesnod

·
Registered
184 Posts
Pirelli Diablo's
Pirelli Diablo Corsa's
Dunlop 208 GP's
That's what I'd run if I were you. Michelin's grip REALLY well but when they let loose they LET LOOSE and it's not too controlable. The Dunlop's and the Pirelli's are predictable when they slide.

·
Backin it in at a track near u
296 Posts
I've been running Bridgestone BT001's on my racebike, alot of people tell me that they won't handle much more than what I am running with them right now. Basically they are telling me that when I cut another second or three off my lap times that I'm gonna run into problems with the Bridgestones, but, I've not had any problems at all. I've only had them let go once or twice and that was my fault... I was opening the throttle to early in T4-T5 at VIR... anyway I really like these tires and was wondering if anyone else is using them and has any info... I usually run a Type 4 (Soft) Front, and a Type 3 (medium) Rear, but, i have a couple different compounds here right now....... Oh and I have a couple sets of the outdated Pilot Race tires and they DO NOT heat up at all.. they suck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts