Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
450 coming shortly...
7,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In regards to the trackday this Friday-not sure about the rest of you that are going,but for me its just jumped up and bitten me on the :butt I didnt realise it was THIS WEEK already:scared

So who's actually going,and how is everyone getting there-as I still havnt (A)Got a car,(B)Got a trailer to get there:no???

CHeers.
:thumbup

PS:pete(Zerowun)If you read this before Tuesday(If not I'll give you a buzz Wed),are you still right to come around Thursday and fix up the bike for me???:D

·
I just want to be eaten !
1,805 Posts
i'm in ....i'm innnnnnn

Guys not sure if i have asked yet ...but what do i need to take off my bike before being allowed on the track ???. Help ..i need info ... i would preffer not to have to take the blinkers off ...mirrows are ok though ?????

·
450 coming shortly...
7,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Daniel R1 said:
i'm in ....i'm innnnnnn

Guys not sure if i have asked yet ...but what do i need to take off my bike before being allowed on the track ???. Help ..i need info ... i would preffer not to have to take the blinkers off ...mirrows are ok though ?????
Hey Dan,

You dont "have to" take anything off your bike really,but they do "suggest" removing your mirrors(or taping them up),as for us not as fast riders its a habit to look behind to make sure youre not in anyone's way. As the guys on the day will say,youre not to look behind you as thats how accidents happen:yesnod

Having said that,I guess its upto you really if you want to take anything off your bike for the day. Personally,Id say just take the mirrors off and not worry about the blinkers. Only other thing you'll have to do is tape up your headlight,and tail light:) *Though Im not sure if its compulsory,as when I did the trackday there,they didnt worry about it...*

Cant wait till Friday,not long now:jump
(Hopefully will have some transport sorted out by then aswell:dunno)

Cheers.

·
Real Men Drag Their Right Knee
1,440 Posts
Ozzy_R1_demon said:
Hey Dan,

You dont "have to" take anything off your bike really,but they do "suggest" removing your mirrors(or taping them up),as for us not as fast riders its a habit to look behind to make sure youre not in anyone's way. As the guys on the day will say,youre not to look behind you as thats how accidents happen:yesnod

Having said that,I guess its upto you really if you want to take anything off your bike for the day. Personally,Id say just take the mirrors off and not worry about the blinkers. Only other thing you'll have to do is tape up your headlight,and tail light:) *Though Im not sure if its compulsory,as when I did the trackday there,they didnt worry about it...*

Cant wait till Friday,not long now:jump
(Hopefully will have some transport sorted out by then aswell:dunno)

Cheers.

Take off ya rego plate and tape up ya id tag on headstock just in case ya have a fall and ya want to say it happened elserwhere. Ya never know who might be there taking ids of crashed bikes.

And leave the mirrors on so ya dont get in the way of gixxer riders:finger :fork :boom

·
I was Inebriated
722 Posts
:jump wahooooooooo track day soon....i cant believe you forgot about it Pete:2bitchsla

well my bike has finally been painted again....and i must say i did a better job of it this time around :yesnod.... just waiting for my decals to arrive then i shall post pics....

I have finally organised myself in terms of getting the bike to the track....put a towbar my old mans car and also installed a bike channel in the g/f's papa bears 6x4 trailer....so i am good to go....no more hiring damn trailers or trying to find someone with a towbar.....

Dan i usually just take my mirrors off as i reckon the bike looks :boobies without em.....plus i got my new mirrors so i destroyed my original ones now to make some block offs for the bike, and get some race tape or gaffa tape and tape up your lights....thats about it!!

·
450 coming shortly...
7,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
4NIKTOR said:

I have finally organised myself in terms of getting the bike to the track....put a towbar my old mans car and also installed a bike channel in the g/f's papa bears 6x4 trailer....so i am good to go....no more hiring damn trailers or trying to find someone with a towbar.....
I still havent been able to get any transport to get my bike to,and from the track:no I may have to pull out of the trackday:cryin

·
1,440 Posts
Ozzy_R1_demon said:
I still havent been able to get any transport to get my bike to,and from the track:no I may have to pull out of the trackday:cryin
I give ya a $100 for it:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

·
I was Inebriated
722 Posts
Ozzy_R1_demon said:

nah man dont pull out....if worse comes to sorse ride down there...give me a jerry can and i will fill it for you so you dont have any petrol worries:thumbup

·
1,805 Posts
Me still trying to hunt down a trailer , worst comes to worst i'm riding down ...but have my bro on the case now so should be able to drive down

·
450 coming shortly...
7,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well after alot of ringing around today,Ive been able to hire a trailer on Thursday arvo for the trackday on Friday. Was hoping to not hav to hire one,but would rather spend the $68 and hire the trailer,than not go and lose my $160:D

If anyone knows of someone with a dual bike trailer that I could borrow for Friday,please let me know:thumbup

PS:Thanks for the help Dom:thumbup

·
WiLL SmOkE yA LiKe A CigArEttE
634 Posts
two questions.....

pete: what is the purpose of someone to tape up the head lights and tail light during a track day.

troy: what are id tags that u mentioned should be tapped up?

·
1,440 Posts
skyjo said:
two questions.....

pete: what is the purpose of someone to tape up the head lights and tail light during a track day.

troy: what are id tags that u mentioned should be tapped up?

The taping up off the headlights is optional. It's if ya come off that the lenses dont brake off and stay on the track which might result in a flat for someone. Load of shit if ya ask me.

The id tags im talking about are on the headstock of ya bike its the VIN number. Its a little paranoid but safer than sorry is my belief. Never know where those insurance reps are hangin around.:thumbup

·
450 coming shortly...
7,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
First off,thanks big time to Dom and Pete(zerowun) for basically putting the race glass on my bike Thursday arvo:thumbup

Had a good day yesterday,and although I didnt do "as well" as I wouldve liked to have-I managed to cut down on my times from the first time I was there last year,so that was good I suppose:D

Will keep this one brief,as Im still buggered from the day. Thanks to Dom and Dan for helping to make it an enjoyable day,and cant wait for the next trackday:rock

Cheers,

PS:Here's a pic of the raceglass I bought off Pete which looks a little different now:sneaky

·
1,805 Posts
Boys [ Dom , Pete , Paul ] thanks for the ride day guys ...... i was in two minds on Friday ...maybe i shouldn't have listened to so many people waffling in my ear about being careful and taking it easy , riding home and thinking about it the following day i realised it was a fun day and YES ....i will definately do it again this year [ hopefully with an 04 R1 this time ] with two differences ... 1# block out every f**kers negative comments that put doubt in your mind .
2# insure my baby .
oh ...and 3# don't get up at 2am and pace around all morning till it's time to leave :no :eek:

Was definately an eye opener , i wasn't really intimidated ...more carefull than anything i think . There will be other days to improve :thumbup

Thanks once agian guys

P.S ... how do i get to see the pics that were taken guys ...seeing as i left early ????

·
I was Inebriated
722 Posts
G'day all:hellobye

Wahoooooo:jump what a day was had....i had an absolute ****in ball:yesnod

Cut my times down by just over 2secs so am down to a 1.57....which i know aint all that fast but hey im happy with it:D

To everyone that was there on the day thanx guys you all made it even better....its great having some mates down there with you.... Dan next time i am gonna chain you to the bike and wheel it out on the track for every session:lol

Anyway hopefully i will have some pics as soon as they are loaded onto the website.....thanx again guys i had a great day:thumbup

·
1,805 Posts
Dude ..you won't have to chain me ...next time i will be prepared ..i know what i am in for and i won't be bringing my f**king mobile with me :mad:

What site are the pics on dude ???

·
450 coming shortly...
7,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
4NIKTOR said:
the site is www.sdpics.com but they are not up there yet:(

maybe in a day or two i guess:dunno
Enquired yesterday about when the pics would be on the site,got a reply back today saying that the pics would be available from 4pm today:D

PS:Good to hear you're going to do another trackday,and wasnt put off by what other's have said about it:thumbup

1 - 20 of 51 Posts