Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

501 - 516 of 516 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Here's crash video from a few years back. The guy in front (James aka Crash... That's what he goes by now) did his first track day. Matt had the camera and I was just behind him. We raced with CCS for seven years and took James for his first track day.
He had fun Saturday, wrecked on Sunday, and left for Afghanistan on Monday evening already in all kinds of pain.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Long video. The first few laps is me trying to get my tires warm and figure out what kind of pace these guys were running. Very slippery that day. The middle is some lap traffic boring stuff. The last few minutes I passed all of them and stayed in front:)

Grattan Raceway 5/31/15
End of novice group. All these guys (3 guys in front of me at first) got moved to Intermediate. My instructor said I was ready for I group. Told me to try and keep up with these 3 guys, but don't ride over my head.
GoPro Hero 4 in 1080 at 48FPS

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Here are a few from yesterday at NJMP with Team Pro Motion. I was riding in Red Group. I had some issues in the morning with my quick shifter randomly cutting the ignition which was kinda unsettling...

Track : NJMP Thunderbolt
Rider group : Red/Intermediate
Camera : GoPro Hero2

·
Registered
28 Posts
Watching the video and reviewing the day, I have so much I need to work on. Scheduling another track day soon.

Track : Buttonwillow Raceway Park - Configuration #1 - Let's Ride Track Day Organization.
Rider group : Group A
Camera : GoPro Hero 4 Black facing forward; Hero 4 Silver facing back

·
Registered
28 Posts
Knocked 8-9 secs off the lap times in 2 track days and still leaving some time out there. New track scheduled on the calendar next month so I'll have to wait a bit to see if I can improve on the 1:57-1:58's at Buttonwillow.

Track : Buttonwillow Raceway Park - Configuration #13 CW - Let's Ride Track Day Organization
Rider group : Group A
Camera : GoPro Hero 4 Black

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm missing riding a ton, with COVID-19 this year I wasn't able to do any coaching with the California Superbike School or track days elsewhere. So, I'm going through old riding videos.

Here's a video of me riding the Ridge in Washington State during lunch hour at one of our California Superbike School events. I'm being followed by another CSS coach James Thooey. I'll post a few more shortly from some other tracks :)

501 - 516 of 516 Posts