Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
stock is bad
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last november my r1 got stolen and totalled. in an effort to find something NEW to do with my girlfriend i used the money to buy two bitchin sea doos and a trailer, thinking we could go cruising around on them together and have some fun. well, her idea of fun on is about 25mph. mine is 55+. if it's not dead flat water she doesn't want to ride....and for me the chop is exciting and a hell of a lot of fun to bounce through. i've decided that it's a good time to take my balls back though. what i'm hoping to do is trade straight across for an 02 model r1. i know a lot of you are dumping these things right now to get the 04's....why not get some water toys while you're at it? i'll consider trading for 00-01 models as well, if they're really clean with reasonable miles. the sea doos would sell for about 8k so i believe this to be a fair trade.....i'm just trying to avoid the headache of private party selling. here's the info on the skis. The first one is a '98 XP limited. It's got a black hull, with a yellow topside and a silver(limited) hood panel. It has a brand new hydro turf seat (yellow and black) and an aftermarket ride plate and an aftermarket aluminum throttle installed. other than that it's stock and it runs fantastic and hits about 55 on flat glass....but reaaallyy shows it's performance when it gets some air under it in the chop. The other ski is my favorite...it's a '96 sea doo HX, which was their race boat and honestly still should be! it's a single person sit down, and they really kick ass. this one has UMI billet steering installed which means it now uses dirt bike handlebars, as well as the UMI billet start/stop switch and UMI billet finger throttle. It also has an aftermarket scoop grate and ride plate as well as an aftermarket air intake. this boat is SO good at slicing through the chop it's unbelievable and it rails around corners but it isn't a beginners boat. it rides just like a motorcycle and requires a lot of rider lean in around turns. if you already ride a bike, you'd prefer this ski. it's small size(only a single seater) means that it really can launch off wakes and such. both of these skis look fantastic. because i'm an upfront person, i'll tell you the only things wrong with them...which are just cosmetic and hardly noticed. on the hx, there is a small section about an inch long on the front-topside part of the hull where the gelcoat was broken. i pulled out the bad gelcoat and filled it with fiberglass filler. it needs new paint in this little area, but while i've been waiting for my buddy's paint shop to get an opening i covered the front of the boat with white vinyl and nobody ever even notices. On the xpl, there is a section on the rear of the hood near the rider that had a gouge in the paint. when i filled the front of the hx with fiberglass filler i went ahead and did the same to the hood on the xpl as well. there is about a 4" square now that needs paint. i actually found a guy to sell me a whole hood on ebay and was just going to swap them out but fedex damaged it in shipping.....nice job! i have pics available of these skis. email me at [email protected] for them. oh yeah, the trailer is a longrun double trailer with a storage box on the front and a bearing buddy axle. hope to hear from you guys soon....

Attachments

·
stock is bad
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well, i had a deal working that i hoped would go through but we ran into registration issues on the bike and the guy kinda vanished on me. these things are still available for trade if anyone is interested.... [email protected]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts