Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about trading my 2011 for. 2012 or 2013. Wanting to get everyones input on it as far as if its a good idea, what should i bet getting for my bike as a trade in? Not worried about waiting to see if yamaha makes big changes in 2014 because if they do go triple i wont buy it, so not worried about that, really just trying to figure out the best way to go about it and what your experiences have been with trades.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Lucky 13 X/O
1,171 Posts
Why do you want to trade? paint? traction control? That's about all you're getting.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea paint and tc mostly, and headlights, and by the time i buy new fairings and headlight coversion to me its more worth it to just trade for color i want, cuz i wont by aftermarket fairings, oem only

·
WERA? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ #21
2,499 Posts
If it's just for asthetics I say no... Wait and see what 2014 brings...

2012+ headlights can be ordered and TC can be had for cheaper with a Bazazz... Hell there's even a thread here where a member added factory TC to a 09-11 model...

You would end up spending more money on a newer bike IMO :dunno

·
Registered
162 Posts
Why wouldn't you buy the triple if they switched?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Idk i myself think its perfect the way it is, i understand some of the flaws people complain about but that doesnt pertain to me, i think its a perfect bike. Its a workd champion bike and that cant be argued. I feel also like if it was a triple it could change the sound and im in love with the sound. I mean why do you think a triple would be better? What do you think itd do in terms of the sound/performance?

·
Bombaclaud
1,460 Posts
If it's just for asthetics I say no... Wait and see what 2014 brings...

2012+ headlights can be ordered and TC can be had for cheaper with a Bazazz... Hell there's even a thread here where a member added factory TC to a 09-11 model...

You would end up spending more money on a newer bike IMO :dunno
the bazzaz tc unit is not as good as the OEM onthe 12+

:secret: i was going to buy a bazzaz tc unit from a ama racer off his 09 r1, his answer as to why hes selling, he installed the 12+ oem tc and works ALOT better. - this is coming from a guy who has a lap record on one of my local tracks ;)

·
WERA? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ #21
2,499 Posts
the bazzaz tc unit is not as good as the OEM onthe 12+

:secret: i was going to buy a bazzaz tc unit from a ama racer off his 09 r1, his answer as to why hes selling, he installed the 12+ oem tc and works ALOT better. - this is coming from a guy who has a lap record on one of my local tracks ;)
It works so good you don't really feel it kick in :fact I ran it last Friday :yesnod

IRC makes a good TC unit also (and it has anti-wheelie, auto-launch. etc.)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Idk i myself think its perfect the way it is, i understand some of the flaws people complain about but that doesnt pertain to me, i think its a perfect bike. Its a workd champion bike and that cant be argued. I feel also like if it was a triple it could change the sound and im in love with the sound. I mean why do you think a triple would be better? What do you think itd do in terms of the sound/performance?

I have only read up on them a little bit so I'm not informed enough to really answer that especially since I have a 99 not a 09 or newer I was more wondering why you wouldn't want it so when I do trade up for newer I have reason to go for triple to stay I4.

·
Registered
65 Posts
If I were you I would hold out until Yamaha does launch the new line for 2 reasons. First off ten you will have options, and be able to tell if you like the new style and see magazine reviews, but also you will have to ability to get the 12/13 at a better rate

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If I were you I would hold out until Yamaha does launch the new line for 2 reasons. First off ten you will have options, and be able to tell if you like the new style and see magazine reviews, but also you will have to ability to get the 12/13 at a better rate

Thats a good point. Maybe thats best.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have only read up on them a little bit so I'm not informed enough to really answer that especially since I have a 99 not a 09 or newer I was more wondering why you wouldn't want it so when I do trade up for newer I have reason to go for triple to stay I4.
The only reason i have for right now for not wanting a triple is because of the way i imagine it changing the sound. Right now i think it sounds like ure muscle, i prefer that way more than the racey sportbike sound. But hey they could come out with a triple and i could love the sound, maybe it is best to wait.

·
Shut up or walk !
47 Posts
Well I love my 09' but If I was to choose based on sound and color I would have went with the repsol Honda.... Graffix are race look from the factory and it actually sounds like a sportbike...... Unlike the r1 which sounded like crap until I spent about 1k to let her scream ! :smiles

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
10 Participants
pitbullkiz
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing