Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Big Pimpin'
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am entertaining the idea of trading my '99 R1 for an R6. I bought the bike last summer and I absolutely love it, but feel I could refine my skills better on a 600. I have a huge amount of respect for the bike and would even go as far as to say a little fear of it. After taking the MSF I realize that it is definitely easier to control a smaller bike. I will never realize the full power of the R1 anyways, so why not get a newer R6 that I will feel more comfortable and confident on.

What year R6 do you think my R1 would translate to in a fair trade? My bike has 5,000 miles, is in awesome condition and has the mods stated in my sig. The title is clean and the bike is paid for.

So, if anyone in the Washington State area has a nice R6 and has been considering the jump to an R1, I will entertain trade offers. I am open to any color. At this point I'm just considering it.

Eric

·
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!
676 Posts
I'm doing more track days myself, kinda thinking about doing the same.

·
Big Pimpin'
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump :jump

·
Banned
537 Posts
Id just trade it in or do a quick low ball sale and get a new r6. R6's tend to be big time squid bikes and i hate buying a used bike when im not sure how its been taken care of. Plus the new r6 is tieet! I know its blasphemy but the gix600 is a better bike in my humble opinion (so is the honda 600rr).

·
Big Pimpin'
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
riata r1 said:
Id just trade it in or do a quick low ball sale and get a new r6. R6's tend to be big time squid bikes and i hate buying a used bike when im not sure how its been taken care of. Plus the new r6 is tieet! I know its blasphemy but the gix600 is a better bike in my humble opinion (so is the honda 600rr).
Yeah, I've thought about the quick sell and just buy what I want, but I hate the hassle of selling vehicles. I would trade in for a new R6, but don't want to fork out any dough right now. I would consider any of the top 600's. Hell I could even be talked into a Duc 748. :D

What are new '03 R6's going for these days (before tax). FI sure would be nice. :)

Eric

1 - 6 of 6 Posts