Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a buddy that has a sweet RC51 that he's trying to sell but I'm in love with the bike. He said he would trade if I put a couple hundred on top. I love my 06 but I just don't want a hole in my heart if I trade. But I have been getting the typical issues like rough idle, replacing the starter, and my ignition is a little sticky. What would you guys do in this situation?

P.S. I also have another friend who wants to give me cash plus his 636 and I'm tempted because I love watching BakerXderek on youtube:LolLolLolLol:

· I am the vanilla gorilla!
18,251 Posts
You will be disappointed in the lack of power for the RC-51. I also found it to be about as comfortable as a Ducati.....They are really cool bikes and low end monsters but I'd pass. Just my .02 cents and I've owned one.

· Super Moderator
11,980 Posts
RC51 over an 06R1?? Hell fvcking no!! That's like going from a Corvette to a Chevette.

· Registered
2,185 Posts
You will be disappointed in the lack of power for the RC-51. I also found it to be about as comfortable as a Ducati.....They are really cool bikes and low end monsters but I'd pass. Just my .02 cents and I've owned one.
RC51 over an 06R1?? Hell fvcking no!! That's like going from a Corvette to a Chevette.
I'm with stupids on this one, i still love the RC's but i wouldn't trade an R1 for it. My buddy had one and i used to get all moist from the sound of his bike

And if you're bike is acting up i wouldnt sell it to a friend, last thing you want is them coming back to you.

· Registered
1,687 Posts
I think they're cool because you kind of have a piece of history owning a Honda V-twin sport bike...but....no. My friend has one and it's a cool bike, but honestly, they're ****ing ugly. The headlights look huge and dorky. The bike is really heavy too if I remember correctly. Do you really want to trade your sexy screaming mechanical whore for a burly hairy chested mechanical "woman" with weird eyes?

· kickin' at the darkness
10,318 Posts
they're heavy and underpowered... great little bike once sorted but not if you already have an R1... :dunno

· Premium Member
12,690 Posts
I think they're cool because you kind of have a piece of history owning a Honda V-twin sport bike...but....no. My friend has one and it's a cool bike, but honestly, they're ****ing ugly. The headlights look huge and dorky. The bike is really heavy too if I remember correctly. Do you really want to trade your sexy screaming mechanical whore for a burly hairy chested mechanical "woman" with weird eyes?

You're crazy! The RC51 is gorgeous.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.