Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
8,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello gang. I have a 6x10 V nose and have already mounted some flush D rings on the floor but have not made a decision on the chock situation.

I have 2 in mind, either baxley or pitbull. I like the baxleys since you can do it alone but do require tie downs in the rear.

The pitbulls are good as well since they dont require tie downs but you sort of need help lining up the bike in the trailer, etc.

What are your thoughts??

Thanks, Ruben

·
big tracks scare me
8,547 Posts
I would go with the Pitbull all day long. Have it on my pos HF trailer and would do it again in a heartbeat. Quality product just like the stands.

8,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would go with the Pitbull all day long. Have it on my pos HF trailer and would do it again in a heartbeat. Quality product just like the stands.
Do you have any issues mounting the bike to the pitbull alone?

You do not need to use any tie downs in the front correct, do you feel safe traveling like this?

·
Lucky 13 X/O
1,171 Posts
Pitbull - best in invention ever. Once you get used to it, 1 man show. No tie downs needed. Roll in, clip in, done. Worth more than what they sell for.

·
11,746 Posts
I have both. If you only want one get the pitbull. The bike won't move. With both you could turn the trailer upside down and it wouldn't move.

·
blue blurrrr go zoom
3,397 Posts
i know its not one of ur choices but...
i had a hf wheel choke only $40 and put it on my new trailer..towing to ncbike/vir for a 4 day trackday vacation i got hit by a new H2 goin up I-95 almost took everything out including my jeep liberty! trailer got up on 1 wheel flip flopping back on forth, broke 4 straps..only thing holding bike on trailer was the hf wheel choke and my hand tied strap around the front wheel to keep it front rolling any...in the end the wheel choke did crack but my bike was still on trailer leaned over...a win in my book! the wheel on the h2 came off and destroyed his whole front right side. i fixed trailer up and made it to my trackedays..slightly bent a rotor(small squeal in 1 spot) which got replaced..and i had a blast for the rest of the vacation. very cheap choke that did its job..not sure what the pitbulls run but im sure its a pretty penny looking at their other stuff..top notch stuff but top notch price...id rebuy the hf choke when i get the bike running again after spinning rod...just alil info to help the pocket if needed...

the strap on the front left ratchet broke but i hand tied that strap also..so i guess 2 hand tied straps kept the bike on trailer...either way the choke did a awesome job..without it i woulda lost 4 trackdays and prolly the bike..trailer got totalled out by insurance it was only 36 hrs old...paint was still drying on it...lol

now looking at pic i notice front tire wasnt tied up like i remember just the front left hand tied strap left all other broke or rachets failed to hold

8,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have both. If you only want one get the pitbull. The bike won't move. With both you could turn the trailer upside down and it wouldn't move.
Hey War, we are going to place 2 bikes side by side over the axles and possibly one bike up front at the V Nose section, but thats rarely going to be the case. We already have a black & grey plastic chock we can use for the V Nose up front and am looking for a solution for the other 2 spots.

i know its not one of ur choices but...
i had a hf wheel choke only $40 and put it on my new trailer..towing to ncbike/vir for a 4 day trackday vacation i got hit by a new H2 goin up I-95 almost took everything out including my jeep liberty! trailer got up on 1 wheel flip flopping back on forth, broke 4 straps..only thing holding bike on trailer was the hf wheel choke and my hand tied strap around the front wheel to keep it front rolling any...in the end the wheel choke did crack but my bike was still on trailer leaned over...a win in my book! the wheel on the h2 came off and destroyed his whole front right side. i fixed trailer up and made it to my trackedays..slightly bent a rotor(small squeal in 1 spot) which got replaced..and i had a blast for the rest of the vacation. very cheap choke that did its job..not sure what the pitbulls run but im sure its a pretty penny looking at their other stuff..top notch stuff but top notch price...id rebuy the hf choke when i get the bike running again after spinning rod...just alil info to help the pocket if needed...

the strap on the front left ratchet broke but i hand tied that strap also..so i guess 2 hand tied straps kept the bike on trailer...either way the choke did a awesome job..without it i woulda lost 4 trackdays and prolly the bike..trailer got totalled out by insurance it was only 36 hrs old...paint was still drying on it...lol

now looking at pic i notice front tire wasnt tied up like i remember just the front left hand tied strap left all other broke or rachets failed to hold
Glad your bike was saved during that ordeal....scary. When you say HF you mean harbor freight?

·
blue blurrrr go zoom
3,397 Posts
yup....not my 1st choice but didnt have time to wait or $ to buy high dollar choke due to buying trailer and rebuilding it to carry bike..but was VERY happy i made the purchase even tho it only lasted a few days due to accident...very well spent $40 imo

·
11,746 Posts
With that set up then I'd go with the Pitbull. Loading and unloading takes seconds literally and the bike can't shift side to side or front to back and hit each other. They initial cost seems high but for me the peace of mind of not having to check the bikes after I loaded them was more than worth it. Once you see it in action you won't doubt that your bikes will be fine. The only way you could have a problem with the Pitbull is if the floor holding the bolts breaks away. No more stopping and checking on the bikes if you have to swerve hard or brake hard for some reason.

8,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With that set up then I'd go with the Pitbull. Loading and unloading takes seconds literally and the bike can't shift side to side or front to back and hit each other. They initial cost seems high but for me the peace of mind of not having to check the bikes after I loaded them was more than worth it. Once you see it in action you won't doubt that your bikes will be fine. The only way you could have a problem with the Pitbull is if the floor holding the bolts breaks away. No more stopping and checking on the bikes if you have to swerve hard or brake hard for some reason.
Yea I have seen both in action and really like the Pitbull since nothing else is required.

What exactly do you need for different bikes, just the specific axle pins?

The axle bar (trailer restraint frame) is the same for all sport-bikes, just the pins are different correct?

·
11,746 Posts
Yea I have seen both in action and really like the Pitbull since nothing else is required.

What exactly do you need for different bikes, just the specific axle pins?

The axle bar (trailer restraint frame) is the same for all sport-bikes, just the pins are different correct?
Yes. Just different pins.

·
big tracks scare me
8,547 Posts
Do you have any issues mounting the bike to the pitbull alone?

You do not need to use any tie downs in the front correct, do you feel safe traveling like this?
No issues. Once in a while I am a hair off so I just hold onto the bike and move the rear wheel and I'm all good. For the front I actually use the Pitbull chock and not worry at all. At first I only used the TRS and it worked as well just the front wheel would turn one way or the other while driving.

·
Super Moderator
24,193 Posts
The Pitbill TRS is pretty damn awesome, and frequently discussed. I'd prefer it were used with a chock to keep things in check with the front wheel.

Moved to Race/Trackday Transportation.

·
Lucky 13 X/O
1,171 Posts
Wait until the end of racing season. They do pop up. Gotta be quick though!

8,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I use both. Works well, period. However, bear in mind, as your chain wears out and you adjust the chain over time, the wheel base will increase. thus causing the pins to be abit tite as you slip them in. Also, the clamps will be hard to push down as well. make sense?
Makes total sense, in fact, my buddy has TRS and we use it for both our track bikes. We have the same issue where the dam pin wont go in and requires us to kick and scream sometimes...

·
Super Moderator
24,039 Posts
Makes total sense, in fact, my buddy has TRS and we use it for both our track bikes. We have the same issue where the dam pin wont go in and requires us to kick and scream sometimes...
That's the exact reason NOT to use a front choke. It allows the bike the room for subtle changes at the axle. :yesnod

[email protected] if you still need pins for your 05 I have a set that I am no longer using as I sold my 05.

·
Thread killer...
2,552 Posts
That's the exact reason NOT to use a front choke. It allows the bike the room for subtle changes at the axle. :yesnod
Maybe run a couple of small 1x1 wooden rails on either side so the front tire can move back and forth, but not much side to side?

·
Horsepower whisperer
1,366 Posts
I wish I had known about the Pitbull trailer restraint system when I bought. But I'm happy with my Condors. They hold the bike up nicely and only need 2 straps pulling forward.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts