Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am planning a trip to MS. to work on Katrina damaged homes again this year, then maybe going over to Jenings for the 9,10,&11 of Feb. & do another track day. Great time last year.
I have been watching ebay for trailers and found some really great prices on new 7x16 V-nose built in so. GA, which would be on my way home (no. WI).
My question is does anybody know which brand a guy should look for or maybe one to stay away from. Maybe there is a dealer that is someone to stay from.
These GA. trailers are sometimes more than $2000 cheaper than trailers up around my area for the same size.
Thanks for the help. :fork

·
Track Daze
147 Posts
[Edit]
lol... :crash I shoulda read the post.
[/Edit]

·
"Gort-Klaatu barada nikto!"
3,197 Posts
I've got one from Douglas, Ga. built under the LARK brand. Found the ad on EBay. I bought a 7 x 14 tandem axle V-nose. It's been a great trailer! I believe I paid $3800 for it. Absolutely no complaints!

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply.
That is a good looking trailer.There must be 3 or 4 manufactureres right near Douglas GA. and they all look like they build quality trailers, but sometimes you don't know untill you talk to somebody that owns one.

·
3,197 Posts
Thanks for the reply.
That is a good looking trailer.There must be 3 or 4 manufactureres right near Douglas GA. and they all look like they build quality trailers, but sometimes you don't know untill you talk to somebody that owns one.
Nope, they're all built at the same place with different names put on them according to who/what company placed the order.

·
3,197 Posts
Are the trailers built to the same specs with a different name on them , or might there be some quality issues with the brand names.
Mine was built with 16" center floor joists instead of the std. 24", which give it a load capacity of 7000 lb. There were a lot of upgrades you could get, so I opted to spend a little more, along with the V-nose which really helps towing.

After going back to their site, it look as if they've branched out some. Here their website though. Is this the same as what you saw?

http://www.trailershowroom.com/contact.htm

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't think I seen that web site , but I have it saved in my favorites now , Thanks.
There are so many dealers in that area it gets confusing. Will just have to look around when we get down there.

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
I've got one from Douglas, Ga. built under the LARK brand. Found the ad on EBay. I bought a 7 x 14 tandem axle V-nose. It's been a great trailer! I believe I paid $3800 for it. Absolutely no complaints!

Nice looking trailer Rod.... thats a great price to.

·
The Goldenchild
4,451 Posts
Nice looking trailer Rod.... thats a great price to.
:stpd: that is a good looking trailer, and a great price! I've been looking at the enclosed trailers and they're running about $1200 more around the STL area than what you paid for yours.

·
3,197 Posts
I don't think I seen that web site , but I have it saved in my favorites now , Thanks.
There are so many dealers in that area it gets confusing. Will just have to look around when we get down there.
Yeah. there's one big factory there (BIG) and all the dealers buy from them. I dealt with [email protected], but that was back in early '06.

·
R1....nearly as good as sex!
38 Posts
Yeah. there's one big factory there (BIG) and all the dealers buy from them. I dealt with [email protected], but that was back in early '06.

It just happens that I own www.trailershowroom.com

If any of you are in the market for a trailer for your bike(s) or anything else. We manufacture both enclosed trailers and open deck trailers.

You have my blessing to give me a call on my personal cell phone at 910-619-2875 or email me at [email protected] and mention that you saw this on R1-Forum. I'll give you a good deal.

Rick McKeithan
President,
A1A2Z, Inc.
910-619-2875
www.trailershowroom.com

·
3,197 Posts
It just happens that I own www.trailershowroom.com

If any of you are in the market for a trailer for your bike(s) or anything else. We manufacture both enclosed trailers and open deck trailers.

You have my blessing to give me a call on my personal cell phone at 910-619-2875 or email me at [email protected] and mention that you saw this on R1-Forum. I'll give you a good deal.

Rick McKeithan
President,
A1A2Z, Inc.
910-619-2875
[URL="http://www.trailershowroom.com"]www.trailershowroom.com[/URL]
:iamwithst Rick is who i got mine from! Good guy!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.