Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with t rex stands? They look decent especially for the price. Heard they are pretty good but want to hear from other people. I know pitbull is the best, but i only need them for maintenance and minor use. Also any other brand you can recommend for a good price

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Lucky 13 X/O
1,171 Posts
I have 3 sets. Great for the price.

·
Registered
234 Posts
My bike has been sitting on my t rex stands since late October with zero problems. I've put the bike on these stands once it gets cold for 2 seasons now.

·
Pirate Brian
2,643 Posts
I had a set for five years. No problems. Def cheaper than pitbull but still functional

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea i actually went with mjmoto stands. Trex wanted almost 50 bucks just to ship. Got a rear and triple tree stand for 112 bucks. Video looks like there decent stands also. Anyone have any reviews on mjmoto?

·
Thread killer...
2,552 Posts
Guess ill be pulling the trigger on the set then. For the rear spool stands, when the spools sit in the grooves of the stand they never leave marks or indents on the spools?
They do leave marks on the spools, but it is mostly on the bottom so not really visible. They send you a free set of spools with your order.

I am very happy with my stands. The front stand moves a little, but seems solid enough to change the tire. I had it up on the front stand all day without any issues. The rear stand is rock solid and very easy to use. You can lift the rear off the ground without the front tire moving at all.

Also picked up their frame sliders and swing arm adjusters. They are very nice!

·
Owner of the color changing R1
16,563 Posts
Yea i actually went with mjmoto stands. Trex wanted almost 50 bucks just to ship. Got a rear and triple tree stand for 112 bucks. Video looks like there decent stands also. Anyone have any reviews on mjmoto?

:lol I could not remember where i bought my stands from until i seen your post. Mine are the Mjmoto stands too. I bought them when they were having a huge sale...got both front stem lift and rear sppol stand for like $80-100 shipped a couple years ago. still going strong.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
11 Participants
dgerfan55
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing