Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
BOOM goes the dynamite!!!
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the trick flasher relay installed and it keeps losing it's program. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem?:thumbup

·
Administrator
30,475 Posts
We distribute the Trick Flashers and use them on all our bikes with no troubles...

Drop trick Flasher a message about it direct from this link...

http://www.trickflasher.com/2005/support.htm

Let me know if you have any troubles .. Like I said our's work great and there was just one unit out of about 1000 so far that needed replaced so you'll be taken care of. When you message trick flasher tell them you got reffered to by the McCoys...

Thanks.. :)

·
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SpidermanSS said:
We distribute the Trick Flashers and use them on all our bikes with no troubles...

Let me know if you have any troubles .. Like I said our's work great and there was just one unit out of about 1000 so far that needed replaced so you'll be taken care of. When you message trick flasher tell them you got reffered to by the McCoys...

I appreciate it. I dropped them an email and I'll let you know what they say. :thumbup

·
Cheating death in the "D"
21,068 Posts
SpidermanSS said:

:iamwithst zero issues with mine, plus the excellant service from McCoy's, take advantage of it, they stand behind their products :thumbup

·
Africkin American
53 Posts
I've been having the same trouble. I'm gonna check to make sure It's properly grounded (a lot of plastic bits under the seat) before I email. Got mine from McCoys. Thanks for the link SpidermanSS.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just got a replay from trick flasher ...

We did get one other customer with the same problem.
It is not normal for the Trickflasher to revert back to the OEM flashing by itself or after the bike is turned off.
Basically, there should be some electrical noise that spiked more than three times in a row (when the bike is turned off or on) thus changing the program to OEM flashing. We should be able to correct the problem with a modify software, or a change of component. We will run some test on our lab equipment and bikes before asking you to send the unit in.

However, we are leaving for a business trip to visit some of our supplier and vendor in Asia. We might have an answer for you by tomorrow, but we won't be able to correct your unit until we are back from the trip in a couple weeks. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Jacky Chu
CSL Technology, LLC.

·
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mr2quic said:
Just got a replay from trick flasher ...

We did get one other customer with the same problem.
It is not normal for the Trickflasher to revert back to the OEM flashing by itself or after the bike is turned off.
Basically, there should be some electrical noise that spiked more than three times in a row (when the bike is turned off or on) thus changing the program to OEM flashing. We should be able to correct the problem with a modify software, or a change of component. We will run some test on our lab equipment and bikes before asking you to send the unit in.

However, we are leaving for a business trip to visit some of our supplier and vendor in Asia. We might have an answer for you by tomorrow, but we won't be able to correct your unit until we are back from the trip in a couple weeks. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Jacky Chu
CSL Technology, LLC.
Same reply that I got. I guess I'll see what they find out.:thumbup

·
Registered
45 Posts
What was the final outcome? I just intalled my trickflasher on Monday and it keeps reverting back to the OEM patern. I'm going to email trickflaser support to get their input, but I was wondering whay you guys found out.

thx

·
"Gort-Klaatu barada nikto!"
3,197 Posts
Mine drops it every once in a while. Been a while since it's done it though!

·
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
zack22 said:
What was the final outcome? I just intalled my trickflasher on Monday and it keeps reverting back to the OEM patern. I'm going to email trickflaser support to get their input, but I was wondering whay you guys found out.

thx
The last email I received from Jacky Chu @ Trickflasher was in January. She told me that they were working on the next version of Trickflasher and they were going to send me one when they are done. That was 5 months ago and I haven't reveived or heard anything since. I am beginning to doubt that I ever will receive a replacement model.

I have found that mine will now hold a program for the right turn signal, but the left turn signal always reverts back to the OEM setting. I have no clue what's going on with that.:dunno

I'm having all sorts of problems with aftermarket parts on my bike right now. My Trickflasher is acting stupid and 3 out of 4 of my Cleggs Angel Eyes have died on me 2 months after I installed them. The Cleggs Angel Eyes carry absolutely no warranty if they aren't installed by Cleggs so a word of caution to anyone deciding that they want to install them themselves.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I thought it was just me that had a problem with the trick flasher loosing its programing but mine also has some feedback through the high beam light and the other turn signal indicator when i am indicating:dunno

·
Registered
45 Posts
EZDoesIt said:
The last email I received from Jacky Chu @ Trickflasher was in January. She told me that they were working on the next version of Trickflasher and they were going to send me one when they are done. That was 5 months ago and I haven't reveived or heard anything since. I am beginning to doubt that I ever will receive a replacement model.

I have found that mine will now hold a program for the right turn signal, but the left turn signal always reverts back to the OEM setting. I have no clue what's going on with that.:dunno

I'm having all sorts of problems with aftermarket parts on my bike right now. My Trickflasher is acting stupid and 3 out of 4 of my Cleggs Angel Eyes have died on me 2 months after I installed them. The Cleggs Angel Eyes carry absolutely no warranty if they aren't installed by Cleggs so a word of caution to anyone deciding that they want to install them themselves.
Thanks the feedback. I'm sure Jacky Chu will email me the same response, but I will let every know as to what they have to say about this problem.

·
Yamaha dealer in Sweden
128 Posts
Same trouble here

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
what's so great about the trick flasher? you can just go get a flasher relay at the auto parts store for like $2 that normalizes your turn signals.2 years so far with the $2 cheapo, and no problems.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.