Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just put in a new motor, all the wires are pllugged back in, the dash is coming up 11,22,18 trouble codes. but when i try to crank the bike the starter wont turn over, but you can hear the relay click. will these codes not allow the motor to even try to crank. ?? pleasse help!:hammer:

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok. 11 went away. i replaced the nuetral switch behind the tranny, and now it works, so it cranks. but i have no spark? so now i have codes 18.22. does any one know what i can check to see why i dont have spark, oh yeah my battery is reaalllyy low, it just barely cranks it, could i have absolutely no spark cause the battery is low?

· El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,685 Posts
It's a fuel injected and computer controlled ignition system
Your battery needs to be in fairly good condition to get it to spark and control the spark
a weak battery will cause many problems.

get a known good one before wasting time hunting anything else.

· need some new corsa 3's
27 Posts
code 22 means your air temperature sensor( located on the bottom right of your airbox) is either disconnected or broken and code 18 is your exup servo motor- check it moves freely when the ignition is turned on. good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.