Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Off Topic mod
11,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is ths scenerio:
I turned on the bike and noticed that the fuel pump didnt sound right. It took a long time to prome the injectors and sounded like it was bogging down. I let her warm up and headed off to work. As I got on the throthle, the bike bogged down at about 1500 and very very slowly went up in RPM's till about 3500 where it took off like a bat out of hell. I got to a stop sign and noticed that she was iddling at about 900 RPM so I reached down and got it to about 1100. Take off again and the same thing happened.
So I am thinking "Crap, WTF is wrong with her?"
I figure that she may just be tired and tempermental so I let her sit in the parkinglot at work :D As I left work same thing :(

Here is what I have done to the bike since I last rode her:
1. Put on new rear turn signals.
2. Installed the SpedoHealer
3. Gave her a bath.

When I installed the SH and turn signals, I had the tail section and tank off the bike.

I figured out the problem when I got home but I want to see who guesses the problem first :)

·
Has anyone seen my ratchet?
25,747 Posts
You had a hose bent or kinked?

·
clutch it up!!!
27,445 Posts
i had that happen on my 2000 when i needed new plugs and also when I put the KN filter without rejetting.

That also happened to my 900RR when it had crap in the gas tank and I had to run a bottle of carb cleaner through three tanks of gas. (one for all three not for each)

But both my bikes are carburated

·
Off Topic mod
11,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yamahog said:
You had a hose bent or kinked?
:bow Damn that was quick :bow
Sure as hell I routed the fuel hose wrong and it got kinked at two diffrent places :2bitchsla <--me

·
Has anyone seen my ratchet?
25,747 Posts
Shadow One said:
:bow Damn that was quick :bow
Sure as hell I routed the fuel hose wrong and it got kinked at two diffrent places :2bitchsla <--me

:D I win!!!!! Unfortunately I learned this the hard way. The one good thing is that you will never do it again on any bike that you own, trust me. Glad to see you were able to solve your problem :thumbup

·
Off Topic mod
11,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yamahog said:
:D I win!!!!! Unfortunately I learned this the hard way. The one good thing is that you will never do it again on any bike that you own, trust me. Glad to see you were able to solve your problem :thumbup
No shit.. I was trying to come up with something while I was at work... Maybe I damaged the fuel pump when I set the tank down on the floor. Maybe I drained the battery while I was playing with the bike to the poing that voltage was just enough to make the fuel pump work but not the way it is supposed to.
Maybe I had forgotten to plug in a hose or connector. Maybe I was drawing a vacuum in the tank and the pump did not have enough pump head for it to work right...

Then I lift the tank and there it was, as plain as day. The fuel hose looked like the letter Z :lol

·
Banned
15,355 Posts
Shadow don't lie you forgot to reconnect your spritzur valve, you know, the one right next to the flux capacitor...

Man I'm a damn genius......

·
Off Topic mod
11,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mkinla said:
Shadow don't lie you forgot to reconnect your spritzur valve, you know, the one right next to the flux capacitor...

Man I'm a damn genius......
I was actually low on blinker fluid :crash

1 - 14 of 14 Posts