Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I miss my R1
3,108 Posts
Too bad hutchy didn't take Dunlop out, I really hope he doesn't get a single podium finish this year after leaving Milwaukee Yamaha high and dry after they invested so much into getting the bike and him onto the grid.

·
Crossed Up
1,601 Posts
Too bad hutchy didn't take Dunlop out, I really hope he doesn't get a single podium finish this year after leaving Milwaukee Yamaha high and dry after they invested so much into getting the bike and him onto the grid.
I'd never wish a crash on anyone, but I agree about the podiums. It was a pretty d-bag move on his part.

·
14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,287 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
I seen a clip of dunlop saying hed gladly clash with someone to win. Dude is a straight up dickhead.
Yup, In Closer To The Edge (Watch it if you haven't - its a must!) - he says something to the affect of "I'll push a man to the bitter end.. between me and a post... If you wanna play ball you can play with me ya know"... and he was talking about IOM. Never liked him to start so I'm glad it won't be him winning on the R1... I can wait for someone worth next year. He's a cocky, arrogant, self centered ego pig. And I don't wish it on him - really I don't but I think his 'tude will get him killed in the long run.

Two days before the start he pulls this crap - If I was Yamaha, NEVER AGAIN! I was really looking forward to the R1 vs BMW. Serves him right he hasn't won squat so far and crashed out of the 1st race. Anyone have footage of the crash OFF the bike?

·
I miss my R1
3,108 Posts
All I can say is I may have stifled a laugh when Dunlop was taken out from 3rd in the opening superbike race :p

I know it's horrible, but I really can't stand that prick. If his last name wasn't Dunlop, he probably would be driving a tractor. (not saying he doesn't have talent, but his name got him where he is, IMO)

·
Registered
314 Posts
All I can say is I may have stifled a laugh when Dunlop was taken out from 3rd in the opening superbike race :p

I know it's horrible, but I really can't stand that prick. If his last name wasn't Dunlop, he probably would be driving a tractor. (not saying he doesn't have talent, but his name got him where he is, IMO)
In all honesty I think he just doesn't give a **** if he dies and that's why he wins. Last year you could see he was over the limit often. Speaking from experience and I'm sure sure Garry McCoy would agree you can't always get away with that - its old style racing it the tires will bite you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts