Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Wow.....
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my used R1, I noticed that the rear turn signals didn't work properly. When I asked the original owner about it, he said the integration kit they installed DID work, but might have gone bad. Here's the problem....

Rear running lights work fine
Rear brake lights work fine
Turn signals do not noticabely flash when engaged.
When brake is applied, the turn signals are more obvious but still not "good".

So I went down to Advanced Auto and purchased a new "trailer lighting kit"...thinking the switch might have gone bad. Only the new switch does the exact same thing.

Any ideas? I checked it's all grounded properly. My neighbor suggested I get a 3 filament bulb to wire in, or..... drill and stick in some LED's on the side of the tail lights. I have the original stock tail / tail lights.

I'd appreciate any ideas or suggestions on how to correct this turn signal issue. I've been a bit leary about making quick turns "knowing" my turn signals are not obvious. (I know, I could use my arms to signal turns, but would rather not)

Thanks in advance!

·
Jaw Droppin' Stunts
124 Posts
i would say cycle through everything for the signals ie: connections, fuses, bulbs, could be a problem with not grounding or if the front ones aernt connected that could be the problem too, just some ideas..

...hope everything turns out fine... peace bro

1 - 2 of 2 Posts