Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
'08 ss 300
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I purchased the bike in October of '07 and trailered it back to my shop thinking I was going to do some minor mods; wheels, exhaust, rearsets, etc...then I got to really liking the 240 rearends and emailed McCoys about a swingarm and wheel deal; Bart called me personally to get something set-up. I seen a pic of a swingarm from C & S and asked Bart if they could build me one of those; he wasn't sure but he'd see what they would do; few days go by and he said they would; I gave the green light for the 300 single sided from C & S and the rest is a much longer story...

Yes I know I took the "sport" out of sportbike; Dad is already impressed:crash but this is just me:

-more pics added to page 2, page 4 and 5; RAIN

2008 R1
-C & S 300mm single sided swingarm-chromed
-Cyko racing Chrome Cykotic with black inserts
-Metzler 300 rear tire
-DynoJet PCIII
-Graves Full SS exhaust with carbon cans-fully polished
-Graves frame sliders
-Graves adjustable rearsets-chromed
-Graves smog plates
-St Machine Levers; Grips; Bar Ends and Riser Covers
-Clear alternatives smoked taillight
-Polished and chromed gas cap
-Chromed passenger pegs
-Puig windscreen
-Angel eyes
-Greggs customs sidemarkers
-Speedlink lowering link
-Debadged
I think that's it:crash if I forgot anything I'll go back and add it! Will be updating as soon as my inserts get painted for the wheels and I add little things to the bike:thumbup

I owe a big thank you to Bart and Mike at McCoy Motorsports for all my endless phone calls you guys are the best;

I also owe a big thank you to Carlos Avelar of House of Finishes for all the chroming and polishing wouldn't have made it look half as good with out ya bro and working out the deal with Taige at Graves Motorsports for the one of a kind exhaust;

Big thanks to Pat and Stan at ST machine for the great accessories and excellent service; Jason at C & S; Larry at Cyko wheels for the sickest wheels out there unspeakable quality and customer service; Taige at Graves Motorsports; and Frank at Clear Alternatives and everyone for their support and everyone doubting me that I would finish it:crash

Attachments

·
AKA John Redcorn
2,260 Posts
I for one am impressed! Im in the market for a 240 tire kit but it seem that the 04-06 model has to be custom made for some reason. Anywho, great job. All of your time, money and effort went to a good cause in my book!!!

·
'08 ss 300
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I for one am impressed! Im in the market for a 240 tire kit but it seem that the 04-06 model has to be custom made for some reason. Anywho, great job. All of your time, money and effort went to a good cause in my book!!!
thanks bro:thumbup

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
yo pretty pimp! that swing arm is unique :rock

i'll probably keep bugging you with more questions about the plates! :thumbup

·
R1 Addiction
16,591 Posts
Not really into the stretched and chrome look, but that is one sweet swingarm. :fact

·
Man I Love My R1
37 Posts
sweet looking bike...just curious as to how that puig wind screen is working out for ya. i have yet to buy a black DB for my 08 that fits perfectly

·
'08 ss 300
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
sweet looking bike...just curious as to how that puig wind screen is working out for ya. i have yet to buy a black DB for my 08 that fits perfectly
thanks bro; was worried about the fit too and i'm pretty anal:confused: but it actually fits pretty dang well; was worried i was going to have to tint the stocker but the puig fits:thumbup

·
The R is for Respect!!
342 Posts
Bike looks sweet dog!!

Am doing somthing close to it but am going with the 240 instead of the 300. swingarm is coming from C&S and am getting it threw McCoys aswell. Order my stuff over 2 months ago now but still waiting on the swingarm to be completed which is taking alot longer that I was told at the start. Did they take long with your swingarm also?

·
'08 ss 300
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bike looks sweet dog!!

Did they take long with your swingarm also?
thanks man:thumbup; it took a while; because i wanted the single sided and chromed; so it took a little longer and now they are extremely busy especially this time of year:dunno

·
My bike and I R1
2,541 Posts
guess that thing won't be hitting the twisties any time soon. it is nice looking though.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts