Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· I once slept for 15hrs
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a correct guide for setting tyre warmer temps.

Setting up temps for track days. I really want to focus on setting up suspension and tyres this year.

I have digital tyre warmers but is there a chart for setting against outside temps? or just turn them up hot get the tyre soft and let rip :scoots:

· Thread killer...
2,551 Posts
Not sure what brand you have, but the only time I have used warmers they had a built in temp setting. We had them set at 160F, and they were self regulating (regardless of outside temp). Your warmers are likely to use more power on a cold day, so a sufficient power source is a must. We had a generator that was really designed for an RV (3500 watts), so power was not an issue. Sadly that was a one time deal, and I don't have the funding to run warmers now, but fortunately I am so slow that I don't need them. :D

Here is Dunlop's suggestion...

http://www.dunlopracing.com/Warmers.pdf

· R1 Forum Star
16,242 Posts
Not sure what brand you have, but the only time I have used warmers they had a built in temp setting. We had them set at 160F, and they were self regulating (regardless of outside temp). Your warmers are likely to use more power on a cold day, so a sufficient power source is a must. We had a generator that was really designed for an RV (3500 watts), so power was not an issue. Sadly that was a one time deal, and I don't have the funding to run warmers now, but fortunately I am so slow that I don't need them. :D

Here is Dunlop's suggestion...

http://www.dunlopracing.com/Warmers.pdf
3500 watts :lol

It must just be you and one other person....I have a 6500 watt Honda and I've overloaded it.

Capit Warmers take 700 watts, most others take 1100 each set. And then you have to power the AC (or heater), the air compressor, and cooking for lunch :lol
And you need to check the operating watts, not just peak.

Have fun!

· Thread killer...
2,551 Posts
LOL! We just had one set of warmers that we were kind of sharing because we were riding in different sessions, and a beat up 100 year old (well it seemed like it anyway) Winnebago. My buddy Chris would go out on the track and I would put the warmers on for the 20 or so minutes he was out, and then I would go out and he would leave them on for the other 40 or so minutes. At the time I was used to riding my FZR600 out to the track and buying lunch at the snack bar, so it felt like I had hit the big time! I don't even really think it helped me (or my tires) any, but man it looked cool!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.