Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Ah the joys of the twisties
1,771 Posts
Me here mate,dont come on the forum as much as I used to though.Think since everyone been gettin 04's got a bit pissed off with them all talking about them.Have you tried Visordown.com it's a UK based forum about bikes in general.:beer

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Im from liverpool :crash

Attachments

·
you know it makes sense
35 Posts
VirginR1UK said:
Alex, congrats on the 04!! Planning any track days? Sure would be a great place to break in your bike.:sneaky
Yes indeed Virgin, 23rd March at Brands all booked.. with the wife on her R6, it's our 1st one... so fingers crossed...:scared

·
Registered
125 Posts
Alex, good luck with Brands. I love that track! I wanted to go to that one too, but, we're expecting a second kid right about then. I am certain I would never get another weekend paas again in my life if I was at Brands when my wife got the calling...

I do have a couple Siverstone GP cirduit dates and a Rockingham and Cadwell, so far. I expect to end up with about 15-20 dates, if all goes according to plan and would love to hook up and see your 04 in action!

·
Registered
125 Posts
p.s. Alex, you're going to LOVE track days. No cars...no diesel...no stop lights...no intersections...everybody going the same direction...pros all around, in case the worse happens. Just take it at a comfortable pace and you'll see your times increase all day...no reasons to try and impress anyone. You'll have a blast and I GUARANTEE huge stupid grins under your lid!!!!

·
you know it makes sense
35 Posts
VirginR1UK said:
p.s. Alex, you're going to LOVE track days. No cars...no diesel...no stop lights...no intersections...everybody going the same direction...pros all around, in case the worse happens. Just take it at a comfortable pace and you'll see your times increase all day...no reasons to try and impress anyone. You'll have a blast and I GUARANTEE huge stupid grins under your lid!!!!
Thanks Virgin, Im sure I will love it.... I've been riding years, the wife past her test a year ago and has been itching to do a track day 4 ages, Its her b/day soon so this is her present, I'll let you know how we get on... we are off to the BSB at silverstone on the 27/28th too. Be great to hook up one day.. let us know what day you are doing.... you never know , we might get hooked.. costly business

alex

·
Loving it!
92 Posts
I use to live in Ely, Cambridgeshire. 4 years, loved it. Riding here is nothing like riding there. I miss it!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts