Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
we know who isnt getting voted back into office.

"Providing a final accounting of the budget year that ended Sept. 30, the administration said that the 2003 deficit was more than double last year's imbalance of $157.8 billion"

·
Cornering Enthusiast
1,747 Posts
Anyone who thinks that the deficit will ever be cut to $0 is living a lie. The only way that would ever happen.........well, one of the two ways that would happen would be to write off the deficit. That's not going to happen. The other way it would disappear would be if we stopped giving the entire federal budget to various countries. That's not going to happen either. This country will eventually collapse and Japan and the rest of asia will pick up the tab and take over...........so I don't even worry myself about some abstract monetary figure which means nothing for the most part.

·
Yes, It's true, blue is faster
8,163 Posts
Of course its higher..... spendng a shit load in Iraq. Are you surprised?

·
Super Moderator
21,675 Posts
dream_of_1 said:
we know who isnt getting voted back into office.
No matter who gets in office it will always be there. I think all
people involved in politics should take a pay cut for 2004. Some
where in the range of 30 to 40k for annual earnings should be
adequate. Let them cry and fuss all they want. They can flip
hamburgers on the side if they want too.

·
^I wish I was that pocketbike!
2,867 Posts
Skeeter said:
No matter who gets in office it will always be there. I think all
people involved in politics should take a pay cut for 2004. Some
where in the range of 30 to 40k for annual earnings should be
adequate. Let them cry and fuss all they want. They can flip
hamburgers on the side if they want too.
not to mention most politicians' ridiculous "expense accounts" in which they use our hard-earned tax money to pay for their high-class lunches, dinners, whores, etc. They can settle to eat at fast food places like the rest of us.. :mad:

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,685 Posts
jeremyb said:
But the tax cuts on everyone who earns over $200,000 were supposed to jump start the economy!!

Like I always said, rich people are a lot less likely to spend their money than lower income people, thats how you become and stay rich...
And we all know how many books you've written on the subject, and how much money you've made off of them and how many best sellers you've had.

Oh wait, my bad, that would be none.

Go away

·
Until it sleeps
5,432 Posts
so what is the national debt, last i knew it was 5.something trillion

·
Broke old fat and slow!
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
THE USA NATIONAL debth
(could some of you pay it out by tomorrow please?!?):

The USA national debth is constantly icreasing to know it you have to log in to:
http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

The Outstanding Public Debt as of 21 Oct 2003 at 06:37:37 AM GMT is:
$ 6,838,129,691,789.94

P.S:
The estimated population of the United States is 292,313,877
so each citizen's share of this debt is $23,393.11. (2* more than a new R1)

The National Debt has continued to increase an average of
$1.58 billion per day since September 30, 2002!

HAVE FUN!! :jump :jump :jump

·
8,163 Posts
Robert Z. said:
THE USA NATIONAL debth
(could some of you pay it out by tomorrow please?!?):

The USA national debth is constantly icreasing to know it you have to log in to:
http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

$ 65,838,129,691,789.94

P.S:
The estimated population of the United States is 292,313,877
so each citizen's share of this debt is $23,393.11. (2* more than a new R1)

The National Debt has continued to increase an average of
$1.58 billion per day since September 30, 2002!

HAVE FUN!! :jump :jump :jump

Damn...$23,000 a piece.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Robert Z. said:

$ 65,838,129,691,789.94

that number looks like 65 Trillion .... ? maybe I'm not counting right... but that number seems way to high... damm last I heard which was 2 years ago from CNN... the number was more like 4 trillion.... maybe I remember wrong or maybe CNN got bad info... but that number does seem high dude...

if it is true... that will never get paid off... not till way after everyone on this forum and their grandchildern are dead...

:cryin :scared :no :eek: :mad:

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
6,870 Posts
:no

We are really digging ourselves into a pickle. The number is $6 tril btw, not the $65 tril you posted. Still, thats an ass load of money... Scary how fast that counter increases every few seconds as you hit refresh....

I'd vote old W out of office if the democratic candidates didn't seem like such a bunch of sniffeling sissies.....

- BA

·
8,163 Posts
Hit refresh repeatedly....each time it goes up about $19,000:confused:

·
Searching for Greener Pastures
11,154 Posts
Big deal. Like previously stated, the National debt will only rise, not fall. At least as long as we are the worlds policeman.

I think I read somewhere if other countries would pay us back for the debts they owe us we wouldn't have a deficit. But then again, who cares. We wont ever be paid back and you can't fight a war and expect debt to decrease.

And I don't think the deficit dropped at all when Clinton was in office.... I am sure I will be corrected if wrong! LOL

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,685 Posts
R1_RX1 said:
Big deal. Like previously stated, the National debt will only rise, not fall. At least as long as we are the worlds policeman.

I think I read somewhere if other countries would pay us back for the debts they owe us we wouldn't have a deficit. But then again, who cares. We wont ever be paid back and you can't fight a war and expect debt to decrease.

And I don't think the deficit dropped at all when Clinton was in office.... I am sure I will be corrected if wrong! LOL
You are not wrong.
All that was done was some interesting accounting methods to make it look like the YEARLY budget deficit was gone. Such as using short term T-bills to finance the deabt instead of long-term stable ones. That is one reason why the YEARLY debt has been so voilatile. If we were to hold the US gov't to the same accounting standards congress wants from major corporations, the IRS would have so much work to do auditing them, that they would leave people alone for the next 25 years. Also don't forget that Billy boy included the Social Security trust fund into the genreal fund to balnce the budget, as well as placed taxes on the Social Security checks that retired people receive. Yep, all the nice people in washington really helped out grandma and grandpa with their retirement.
Maybe if they got rid of capital gains taxes, people wouldn't try to hide so much money or maybe they would even *GASP* SAVE some money instead of spending it all. Who knows, maybe if they got rid of the restrictions on ROTH iRA's per year contributions, people would have some money when they retire?

NAW, who am i kidding, we need to have the good ole gov't there to take care of us in our old age, cuz we are just so stupid that we could never do it ourselves.

Hmmmmm......

Wait, my grandparents went through the depression, and yet when they retired, they seemed to have plenty of money invested in stocks, real estate, etc. to live on quite comfortably until they passed away. Not only that, but they *GASP* OWNED the house they lived in, as well as the car they drove. So they didn't need to come up with tons of money every month to pay for stuff.

Hmmmmm........

Maybe Jesse was right, it's all my fault............

Maybe REV Al was right, It's all my fault...........................

Maybe brother Gore was right, he did invent the internet................

Hmmmmmmmm...................................

Maybe they are all full of shiat!!:crash

·
Dont mind if I do...
1,504 Posts
R1Budha said:
You are not wrong.
All that was done was some interesting accounting methods to make it look like the YEARLY budget deficit was gone. Such as using short term T-bills to finance the deabt instead of long-term stable ones. That is one reason why the YEARLY debt has been so voilatile. If we were to hold the US gov't to the same accounting standards congress wants from major corporations, the IRS would have so much work to do auditing them, that they would leave people alone for the next 25 years. Also don't forget that Billy boy included the Social Security trust fund into the genreal fund to balnce the budget, as well as placed taxes on the Social Security checks that retired people receive. Yep, all the nice people in washington really helped out grandma and grandpa with their retirement.
Maybe if they got rid of capital gains taxes, people wouldn't try to hide so much money or maybe they would even *GASP* SAVE some money instead of spending it all. Who knows, maybe if they got rid of the restrictions on ROTH iRA's per year contributions, people would have some money when they retire?
.....................................................................................

Right on Budha,you forgot that ol Bill also cut the shit out of the military and all intelligence,one reason why 9-11 happend.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts