Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
These bitches are fast
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sonic & I, am attempting to get the uk members together for a track day / meet at some stage during September.

Right now we are thinking of Cadwell or Rockingham...they are pretty much centre for us chaps.

Let us know what you think & we will discuss the fine details.

We need to know who is where so please state some details please, IT IS ABOUT TIME WE MADE AN EFFORT TO MEET UP!!!

regards

eze

(ADMIN - CAN YOU MAKE THIS A STICKY FOR A FEW WEEKS?)

·
These bitches are fast
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll get some possible dates up this week ,hopefully we'll have a bit of response then.:riding
Firstly thanks to admin for making this thread a sticky for us guys...much appreciated guys.

Morning Sonic, i have pm'ed a few guys, it is difficult to locate individuals from UK as there is no location finding facility here (unless i have missed it).

3-4 chaps have replied & a different folk are showing preference for varying tracks. So far - 1 for Donnington, but Mallory is in the lead with 2 in favour.

Personally , I do not mind which track, as long as it is fairly central & has plentiful bends.

I shall be contacting the pm's later & asking them to post directly on this thread. I suggest that us guys subscribe to this thread.

regards

eze

·
Ex Race god.
1,103 Posts
Personally i'd prefer to not ride Rocki, it's not my favourite track having been there 4 times, but i'm happy to ride anywhere and hook up

Cadwell has better camping and B&B facilites though if that's a factor than Rocki.

I can get us discount on bookings either with No Limits or Focused Events knowing the guys who run them well enough. Just shout if i can be of assistance.

I could also speak to Colin Leender, 100% suspension or Steve Jordan and get one of them to turn up and for a small fee provide suspension service for the day too.

Good luck with Arranging this lads.

p.s I can't do August or first 2 weeks of Sept as i'm getting married on 25th Aug and then off for honeymooon.

·
Student of Aristhrottle
56 Posts
Yay...great idea to meet up with the rest of the UK lunatic fringe.

Not sure when I'm going to be available but I'd love to get back to Mallory, I owe it a big spanking!

·
Registered
322 Posts
So far have found the following.
Keeping it central means Mallory,Donnington or Rockingham.Have added some Cadwell as it's a personal Favourite.

August 12 Rockingham National £129

25 Snetterton £105

September 10 Cadwell £109
14 Mallory £109
25 Mallory £109.

There are Quite a few Donnington Gp's but I am looking for some National days as It is a better track Will add them when I find them.

·
It is big, it is clever
98 Posts
Hey all, i'm already booked to do a track evening at Donny on the 13th of June, Mallory is a bit small for 1000cc bikes tbh and it's worth remembering Donny has noise limitations most days, (even though it's right beside an airport ffs :whtfu: ), although they usually have a bloke who fits decibel killers for £25.
:riding

·
My R1 screws me.
201 Posts
Count me in.

Donington is my fave, booked in there 28th July already. Wouldn't mind going back there Aug or Sept.

Keep us posted.

·
These bitches are fast
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
14 Mallory £109
25 Mallory £109.

either of these dates will be pretty much good for me,

I would suggest that we let this thread run for another 7 - 10 days... to see if we get any other members along with us chaps.

We can arrange bookings then. Obviously a full payment for the date will be required.

thanks eze

·
It is big, it is clever
98 Posts

·
R1 n00b
89 Posts
wahey! some english riders :D

·
Ex Race god.
1,103 Posts
Mallory is cool for me... i had some good race finishes there and love the place :) never ridden it on more than my 750K1, but wouldn't mind a blast on the R1 there.

I've been there about 20 times so if anyone needs any pointers on what way the corners go, just shout :)

·
Registered
322 Posts
Mallory is cool for me... i had some good race finishes there and love the place :) never ridden it on more than my 750K1, but wouldn't mind a blast on the R1 there.

I've been there about 20 times so if anyone needs any pointers on what way the corners go, just shout :)

Who did you race with?,I've had a couple of wins there myself but would rather ride at another track.

We are going to let this run for a few more days and then pick a firm date and venue.

·
Ex Race god.
1,103 Posts
Who did you race with?,I've had a couple of wins there myself but would rather ride at another track.

We are going to let this run for a few more days and then pick a firm date and venue.

Phoenix in 2004/2005 and NGRRC for 1 race in 2001 (went badly)

·
Registered
322 Posts
Small world,I raced with D.P last year,won the Pre Injection.Also did 2 years with new era and a few emra and Ng rounds.Taking a break at the moment though.
Are you up for a trackday?

·
Ex Race god.
1,103 Posts
Small world,I raced with D.P last year,won the Pre Injection.Also did 2 years with new era and a few emra and Ng rounds.Taking a break at the moment though.
Are you up for a trackday?
I guess we'll know a few of the same guys then mate. Chris (i forget his bloody surname) old tall fella, in the PI Class with DP is a buddy of mine, as are the boys at MSG (Greedys) and lots of the 750 guys like Chris Mathews, Pulling, Chunk etc etc.

Struggling until after mid Sept mate, just back from Jere recently, and in process of purchasing a new house... Wedding end Aug, then off on Honeymoon, but if it's after we get back on about 12th Sept, then yeah.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Sounds like a busy few months for you.
I am collecting a mate and his new wife from Gatwick tomorrow morning,6am,as they get back from there honeymoon.Must be something in the water!!

Chris Price I think you mean,never met him but gave me some advice when I joined the D.P forum.
Best wishes with the wedding.
Mark.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi all ,, no offence but it truly amazes me why all the people in the south think that central uk track is donnington park ,,, Jesus I guess they think north is like Stratford or summit ,, there’s another 400 miles to the north mate lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts