Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 1878 Posts

·
AFTERHELLBURNER
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please excuse thread title but I had to trick you into this thread somehow... With my obsession for 98-01 R1s at its peak, I'm building a 2nd carb R1 and need all feedback & guidance. I've had my 2000 R1 since new it was my first bike bought in cash with my money earned from my job:) I just rebuilt it to current photo status in the start of 2007. I'm starting to gather parts for the next edition here's where you come in should I buy a fully fuctional bike or piece bits together. This is what I have so far.....
  1. ohlins shock
  2. 04-06 oem forks with ohlins cartridge kit
  3. pvm 10Y al wheels
  4. hindle header & mid pipe
This is what I would buy next and would be replacing on the complete bike if purchased
  1. sharkskinz R7 upper & lower
  2. ladybird pipe
  3. aftermarket stay
  4. aftermarket triple
  5. graves clip-ons
  6. 02-03 boxed swingarm
  7. aftermarket solotail
  8. sato rearsets
  9. ram air box
  10. brembo 19x18 MC

·
Registered
322 Posts
mmmmmmmm looks similar to my last 2 months work!

Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Rim Supermoto

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Motorcycle accessories

Auto part Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Engine

Tire Automotive tire Alloy wheel Wheel Motor vehicle

Before the respray it was also Yamaha Blue.Should have it completed and running tomorrow so will get some better pics.In the U.K one of the race clubs runs a Pre-Injection class and that is where it gets ridden.It's pretty much dominated by R1's.
Makes 178 rwhp.
Mark.

·
AFTERHELLBURNER
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AWESOME BIKE!!!!!! this is the exact responce I was looking for true carb R1 enthusiast. Is that a reworked stock 98-99 swingarm? and why are the header pipes crushed like that? Can't wait to see the finished bike keep posting. Thanks ROD

·
Have keys, Will Travel
285 Posts
Were the 04 forks a strait match up....I have been looking to put 02 forks on my 01- should I be looking for 04s instead?

Slick bike btw...Carbs for life!

·
Premium Member
13,935 Posts
I'll be mostly subscribing to this one then... :)

Awesome bike Rod, it'll only get better :flex:

BLU! You're slacking! This thread title has everything to grab your attention and yet I bet you're still hugging your swingarm... Or, #gasp# are you actually installing it?!?! :sneaky

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
Looks great.

·
Registered
322 Posts
AWESOME BIKE!!!!!! this is the exact responce I was looking for true carb R1 enthusiast. Is that a reworked stock 98-99 swingarm? and why are the header pipes crushed like that? Can't wait to see the finished bike keep posting. Thanks ROD

It's a braced and slightly extended stock arm with quick release fittings.Made over here by a company called Spondon engineering.Down pipe by Micron.there serpent headers and Are very good for top end but not too great for midrange.
Theres another thread running on here titled Winter headwork project started by Marcaztls where weve been boring each other to death about anything carbed.It's worth finding.
Glad you liked my bike,I was worried about changing from the Blue but I think it works.
Mark.

·
Premium Member
13,935 Posts
Perhaps theres a part of his body stuck inside it!!:)
:lol Yeah, 'installing' can mean so many things!

Oh, and it's Headwork Winter Project :2bitchsla

It's not just for carbs but you guys with 'em seem to have nothing but trouble :)sing:) setting them up, especially where ramair's concerned recently.

Pop along there Rod if you're interested in anything to do with your motor :thumbup

·
R1 Addiction
16,591 Posts
I understand modding is a disease and 99.9% of us suffer from it big time, but your 2000 looks amazing as right now :fact.

·
performance first
2,940 Posts
Nice thread it makes me still miss my 99. That low down grunt wit hthe 41 faltslides and ram air. Oh god getting excited. ye where is that guy from austrailia, hugging his swingarm instead of the wife.:)

·
Banned
31,510 Posts
lol, bunch a cunny funts huh? :rant:lol. so i sleep with bike parts!!!!! whats wrong with that?:ncont::crash. well it's actually on the bike but i was given an erv master link instead of a erv2 master link (chain)and they are different:mad:. and i need a different rear caliper banjo bolt as the yamaha stupid 1.25 pitch wont fit the 1.0 pitch brembo caliper. so no pics till the shops open monday, and only then i hope i get them before this stupid holiday over christmas.:nforc:

·
performance first
2,940 Posts
lol, bunch a cunny funts huh? :rant:lol. so i sleep with bike parts!!!!! whats wrong with that?:ncont::crash. well it's actually on the bike but i was given an erv master link instead of a erv2 master link (chain)and they are different:mad:. and i need a different rear caliper banjo bolt as the yamaha stupid 1.25 pitch wont fit the 1.0 pitch brembo caliper. so no pics till the shops open monday, and only then i hope i get them before this stupid holiday over christmas.:nforc:
Of course that banjo bolt will be in titanium.:)

·
Banned
31,510 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts

I got caught out with the Banjo too.Bloody annoying when you've nearly got a job finished.
Plenty of pics monday then??You'll have to edit out the bodyparts though,this isn't that sort of website!!:boobies

·
performance first
2,940 Posts
Damn that swingarm is fin sweet. Put it on man:boobies :boobies

1 - 20 of 1878 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.