Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Look out for what truck????
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I can't figure out where the hell I'm gonna mount my remote visual for my Valentine 1 detector. Anybody done this yet or have any ideas?

·
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Using a stem stand to mount the V1 on you can't see the LEDs on the main unit very easily. The remote visual can be mounted at any angle and allows you to see all the LEDs.

·
Dallas, Texas.
66 Posts
does the double bubble give you clearance to put it on top of the cluster?

if not.. might be time for "legal speeding".

·
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope won't clear the gauges. Yeah, looks like the Legal Speeding mount may be the way to go. BTW, you find a bike yet? :D

·
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually, the arrows do help. Mostly, I want to see the band and signal strength though.

·
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For now I just went and bought a $10 Rat Shack radar detector mount with suction cups and hacked it up to fit the remote visual. Maybe I'll come up with something better later.

·
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL, believe me I tried! :D

·
Self Appointed
736 Posts
Just do the whole spray painting the inside of the wind screen and then you won't even see the suction cups...

·
Registered
7,619 Posts
I have an Idea??????????

Make a bracket that put's it in the proper position for viewing, and then paint your shield like other's have done here at the forum(do a searh if you haven't seen them. But you would need to leave a circle or something for the detector to pick-up the signals. ?? What do you think

·
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Don't know if paint will screw up the detector. Besides, I like to see through the screen.

·
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's not the detector. That's just a remote unit that mimics the display off the actual detector.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts