Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
we meat again
18,563 Posts
JonR1 said:
Thanks for the vid. I have a funny feeling Rossi will win the championship this year on the M1 :thumbup
Me too... :yesnod Even Burgess thinks the same thing.

·
Cheating death in the "D"
21,086 Posts
SpidermanSS said:
The write up.. :fact

Yamaha teams make early progress in Sepang tests

Sepang, Malaysia
24/1/2004

Reigning MotoGP World Champion Valentino Rossi the 24-year-old put in a best lap time of 2m 03.80 seconds.

Carlos Checa, Rossi's team-mate in the new Gauloises Fortuna Yamaha Team, best lap of the day was a 2m 04.10 lap.

Marco Melandri had to be content with a best first day's time of 2m 05.40 seconds.

Norick Abe was happy enough with a 2m 05.84s lap.
That says it all (and only his 1st. day on the bike) :yesnod

Kinda proves a point most have know all along, Rossi is an incredably skilled rider, can't wait for the season to start :thumbup

·
Every Day is a New One!
362 Posts
Thanks for the vid Spiderman! Awsome stuff :thumbup

My hands are all sticky from creaming my shorts after watching that bike wind up.

Rossi is a GOD!!!! I can't wait for the season to start, lots of beer and watching Honda try to catch Vale. Here's to you Rossi:beer

·
Registered
439 Posts
Aha nice that wheelie made me smile from ear to ear.... Check out the times on the laps of his team mates yamahas there is a reason why he is the best... Who else here cant wait to hear all biaggis excuses when rossi start beating the crap out out of him on the yammi? :fact

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
anybody notice how rossi's first day time was faster than checa's time? i know its early but damn, for him to go faster on his first day than someone who has ridden the bike for the past 2 years says alot. i think he will do just fine this year once they get the new bike (which is coming) and he gets it dialed in!!

·
we meat again
18,563 Posts
THE MUFFIN MAN said:
anybody notice how rossi's first day time was faster than checa's time? i know its early but damn, for him to go faster on his first day than someone who has ridden the bike for the past 2 years says alot. i think he will do just fine this year once they get the new bike (which is coming) and he gets it dialed in!!
Really? They are getting a new bike? I thought that one was the new one, cause the body work is a bit different, especially the tail. Plus this one is back to the single rear shock, last year they were using some dual rear shocks type suspension...

Rossi definitely QUICK for a first timer bike, his time was almost as quick as Biaggi's first day time... :yesnod

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
6,870 Posts
:rock

That was great!!! I loved that kick ass wheelie he busted down the straight...

- BA

·
Backmarker
1,250 Posts
The Doctor is in!

·
Pops
1,495 Posts
THANKS SPIDERMANSS!!!!!!!!!

i never realized how freaking awesome it is Rossi's on a Yamaha til i actually saw him sittin on the bike with his leathers!

sooooooo, sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

·
fly by wire
1,282 Posts
Go Rossi :rock motoGP 2004 is going to be sweet. can't wait. and one final :bow for Mr. Rossi

·
450 coming shortly...
7,696 Posts
:bow

Now all those critics saying that this season for Rossi was going to go down the drain,and that he wouldnt be competitive on the new M1 etc etc..the time sheets prove it:fact

First day of testing on a new bike and he's right up there with the fastest lap times....:yesnod Looks like the other riders in the paddock will have more of a challenge with Rossi this year than they initally thought:D

Although I personally dont think he'll be able to win the c'ship in his first year*but then again,this is the Doc we're talking about..so you never know:p*,he may be able to do what he's done in every other level when stepping up(Championship every second year on new bike..125,250,500 etc)

Congrats to Rossi for such an awesome first day testing,and hats off to Yammy for putting such a great package together first time out. Burgess even said that they hadnt done much work to the bike,and that it was only a brief set up to get Rossi on the bike and around the track...its going to be VEERRYY intresting once they get the M1 all dialed in and tuned to how Rossi wants it:fact.

Cheers.
:thumbup

·
Off Topic mod
11,217 Posts
Nice video :rock
I cant wait till the season starts :)

·
mmmmm...black bike
1,856 Posts
Thanks for the video Spidy!!! It is obvious how good a rider Rossi is even on the bike the first time it seemed as if he had been on it forever. They do seem to need to work on the bike more...get it to not want to wheelie quite as much...I am sure he will do great on it....I just think Hayden is due. It is going to be an exciting year watching what he can do on the Yamaha. :jump

·
`Quick, hide this...`
1,171 Posts
I live for this shit. Great timing. Now if only my friends would follow in Rossi's footsteps and ditch their Ha-Ha-Honda's and get on a real bike... hehe <--j/k for you Honda owners out there (i used to be one, shhh).

21 - 40 of 68 Posts
About this Discussion
67 Replies
45 Participants
DareDevil
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing