Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
we meat again
18,563 Posts

·
Full Time Post Whore
9,058 Posts
Can you guys imagine how awesome that has to feel being a rider of that caliber and just tell crew - "I want this different, that, and this..." Man, that has to take a looooottt of skills if you think about it. I mean, shit, if I have one less psi in my tires I wouldn't even fooking now :lol He is probalbly like :" The tires are .74856 psi off.." :lol

·
Thriller
3,610 Posts
That M1 sounds incredible. Great vid spidey. Thanks!

·
mmmmm...black bike
1,856 Posts
dr.r1 said:
That M1 sounds incredible. Great vid spidey. Thanks!

:iamwithst

It sounds great....I would still have to give the advantage to the Honda. He is a great rider but in the end it will come down to what the machine is capable of. Mladin is a great example of that:D

·
INVICTUS
14,903 Posts
The 04 season is gonna be "On like donkey kong."

·
`Life's Short, F uck Hard`
664 Posts
Maxxym said:
Is it just me or does that M1 sound fooking sweeeett!!!!
it does sound ****ing awesome, can you get that exhaust he has on his bike? cause i sure would like one

·
'nuff sed
1,083 Posts
Wow! Love that multi-upshift wheelie down the straight. I have to wonder though how he doesn't get headaches with a helmet so tight. Did you see how hard he had to push that thing on? And how he had to readjust his ears. Anyone else like their helmet that tight? I wonder if it reduces vibration (and hence blurred vision) at high speed?

·
OG Moderator
996 Posts
keep-up said:
Wow! Love that multi-upshift wheelie down the straight. I have to wonder though how he doesn't get headaches with a helmet so tight. Did you see how hard he had to push that thing on? And how he had to readjust his ears. Anyone else like their helmet that tight? I wonder if it reduces vibration (and hence blurred vision) at high speed?

At the track, I learned that the pros wear their lids VERY tightly. In the past, I've ordered XL's, then Large...I'm going to try an Arai Medium...painful at first I'm sure, but it's rewarding (after break in) at 120 and your lid doesn't move at all.

·
Zeus's Beard!
1,466 Posts
Thanks man!

·
Cheating death in the "D"
21,086 Posts
Rocke91262 said:
it does sound ****ing awesome, can you get that exhaust he has on his bike? cause i sure would like one
Its not a one-off Termi, but it is MotoGP style and available for 02-03 R1's now from Harris, distributed by forum sponsor EMA :thumbup

Haven't been able to find if the Harris GP is rated at the current 130db MotoGP limit thou :(

Attachments

·
450 coming shortly...
7,696 Posts
rorlow said:
Its not a one-off Termi, but it is MotoGP style and available for 02-03 R1's now from Harris, distributed by forum sponsor EMA :thumbup

Haven't been able to find if the Harris GP is rated at the current 130db MotoGP limit thou :(
:confused: Looks good,but not as good as the Gp ones.

In regards to the helmet's being sooo tight,since doing trackdays(and going 280kmh+),Ive noticed that my lid comes quite roomy after about 200kmh:no By the time Im hitting 280,the lower part of my helmet(where say your nose is)is literally pressed againt the helmet.

Do you guys have a regular helmet(firm fitting)which you wear for recreational/everyday use..and then a tiiight helmet(extra tight)for trackdays/races etc etc??? Just curious,as I feel I should have another helmet thats alot tighter when doing trackdays.

Any feedback would be great.
:thumbup

·
Take it to the track.
51 Posts
When I bought my Arai, I thought it was too tight, but I kept it and found it was too loose. At the track, top speed, the helmet was digging into my upper lip and smashed my nose.

If you can squeeze it on your head, it's not too tight.:fact

41 - 60 of 68 Posts
About this Discussion
67 Replies
45 Participants
DareDevil
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing