Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
we meat again
18,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
26/02/04

Valentino Rossi spoke frankly to motogp.com after the latest batch of tests for the Yamaha at Phillip Island and revealed that despite his satisfaction at the progress he has made since joining the factory, he is aware that there is still much work to be done before the start of the season. The MotoGP World Champion, who has now ridden the M1 machine in two separate tests at Sepang followed by the three-day stint in Australia, said that he has asked the Japanese engineers for improvements all over the bike ¡V but in particular was desperate for more horsepower as he looked to catch up with his main rivals.

¡§Already Yamaha made a great work between the first test in Sepang and this test and I¡¦m very happy about that,¡¨ commented Rossi at the end of the final day. ¡§Now we have given them some advice, we say what I need on the bike and we hope Yamaha make another good work to the next test here in two weeks. We don¡¦t have very much time and we¡¦re not ready.¡¨

¡§First we need horsepower because our engine don¡¦t push enough. Second, with this bike everything is a bit more difficult ¡V especially today.

Today I did a full race distance ¡V more than 25 laps ¡V which is the first time with the Yamaha. The lap time is near, it¡¦s quite good, but it¡¦s all become a little bit more difficult."

Attachments

·
Today is a good day...
69 Posts
Has anybody heard his interview?
What else does he say that is not already in the written news?
It is not going to be easy for him this year but I think he already knew what he was getting himself into when he moved to Yamaha.
But for sure he is going to be very annoying...
It is going to be a hell of a season.:jump

·
Registered
447 Posts
This is going to be fun to watch him... One of the best years I think..Just like the days in F1 when Senna drove the Mclaren.. It's fun to watch awsome talent drive/ride with second rate equipment....

According to rossifumi.it Max Biaggi is already starting to make excuses..:cryin And the season has even started...:lol

·
we meat again
18,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tonykart8 said:
This is going to be fun to watch him... One of the best years I think..Just like the days in F1 when Senna drove the Mclaren.. It's fun to watch awsome talent drive/ride with second rate equipment....

According to rossifumi.it Max Biaggi is already starting to make excuses..:cryin And the season has even started...:lol
Biaggi always make so much excuses... :no

·
endless R1 project
632 Posts
i know that his going to be in the top three. this is going to be a very good season already called my cable company to add speed channel

·
we meat again
18,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
r1loco said:
i know that his going to be in the top three. this is going to be a very good season already called my cable company to add speed channel
Speed channel? Forget that Nascrap Channel, they won't have enough coverage for MotoGP. If you want the most converage(live video of practice, qualifying, race, interview, etc.) of MotoGP, you should join motogp.com. It's really not expensive and I'm thinking to join too... :yesnod

·
...Is just so addicted to R1..
904 Posts
Very Exciting...

This reminds me alot of when Doohan was running out of margin and the big-bang was created...and then guys took the big-bang idea and Doohan rose above- he learned to ride a non-big-bang engine and control the machine and still win.. GOD GIVEN TALENT :fact!!!

Rossi reminds me alot of this- it actually makes me proud to see him on a yamaha- clearly, he IS at a disadvantage on this bike- however I think the synergy here is incredible- it con potentially be a VERY sybiotic relationship: the skill and ideas of the talented rider could have incredlbe impact on the direction of Yamaha R&D- this DOES ultimately trickle down to production bikes...

I wish the Doc the best for this year- I can still remember him crashing every other 5 minuted when he first moved up to 500 NSR... he has earned his place, and I hope the kid has a long time racing and winning- he's got a great competitive (but NOT asshole-ish) attitude, he's got great spirit and GOOD FUUCKING GOD, can this dude make a motorcycle GOOo.

Forza Rossi 2004!~

VADA VADA VADA

·
Registered
35 Posts
I will be the first one to say that it's not the bike that wins the race it's the rider but the RC211v is not any bike and Rossi is not just any rider they were great together. The best of both worlds. I guess all good things do come to an end.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
j.j.rod
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing