Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Vemar CF Owners...

671 views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Centicide 
#1 ·
Have any of you found the build of the helmet and padding to be marginal. The helmet and CF work is exceptional IMO but the padding, and other build features I find poor... the bottom rear has weird gaps, and the helmet padding itself doesn't connect to the tabs for proper fitment.
I would be flipping if I paid more for this...
I like the weight and general fit, but the aforementioned is beat...

#7 ·
xdonniedarkox said:
The wire bendable fog mask is a trip...
I believe it is removable
I think we might be talking about two different things. The thing I am talking about is this fabric material at the very bottom of the helmet, right where your chin goes. the only way my helmet fits right is when my chin is supported by the fabric. the fabric looks like the same material as the liner. I cant tell if its removable, but i havnt had a chance to really inspect it.

#8 ·
schism said:
I think we might be talking about two different things. The thing I am talking about is this fabric material at the very bottom of the helmet, right where your chin goes. the only way my helmet fits right is when my chin is supported by the fabric. the fabric looks like the same material as the liner. I cant tell if its removable, but i havnt had a chance to really inspect it.
It's removable.

As far as the original question, it definately doesn't seem like an 800 dollar helmet. I'm sure the retail price was for nothing more than the cost of the CF. The helmet is a run-of-the-mill midrange helmet with an expensive skin.

#12 ·
schism said:
OK... that is known as a hymen and is removed after losing virginity.LOL
That I believe is to inhibit wind noise, and I do not believe it is removable

#14 ·
Minacious said:
It's removable.

As far as the original question, it definately doesn't seem like an 800 dollar helmet. I'm sure the retail price was for nothing more than the cost of the CF. The helmet is a run-of-the-mill midrange helmet with an expensive skin.

I agree... very nice skin though

#15 ·
motownflip said:
Hows the wind noise?
Fairly good... I have a KBC that does better then this helmet with wind noise

#17 ·
mine fits awsome, alot better than i thought it would which was the only thing i was worried about. wonder if anyone else notices when you turn your head to the left at about 60, it whissels on the right side. other than that, the thing is pimp.

:beer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.