Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Shut up and ride
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if the vendors are gonna have some great stuff on discount for this years bike week. That is one of my reasons for going to Daytona this year. I want to rack up on as many good deals as possible. Leathers, helmets, stands, etc.... anybody know any vendors or have any hook-ups?

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,685 Posts
Ever hear of a "Daytona Dollar"?

It's just like a regular dollar, escept it has two zero's after it.
Maybe that will answer your question........

·
Shut up and ride
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh heck no.....are they raking people over the coals down there? If that's the case I will spend online.........

·
INVICTUS
14,902 Posts
IMO , the prices are not a discount. Unless they're selling crap. It's mostly the same as what you see on the web and in some cases ridiculously high. The only time I saw them really cut prices was bike week 2yrs ago the day before it was over and they had'nt sold crap due to rain. So there will be some deals to be had but you'll have to look hard.

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,685 Posts
Solidus said:
IMO , the prices are not a discount. Unless they're selling crap. It's mostly the same as what you see on the web and in some cases ridiculously high. The only time I saw them really cut prices was bike week 2yrs ago the day before it was over and they had'nt sold crap due to rain. So there will be some deals to be had but you'll have to look hard.
Yeah, pray for ran to cut sales back and have a pisspoor time to get a deal, or just enjoy your time down there and then save your purchases for the heart of the season when you can usually get a better deal.

I used to live and work in Daytona, and during Bike Week, we brought in tons of t-shirts and jackets etc, and sold them for MSRP, basically. The only time i remember giving good deals was when we had the people down from Vanson, and they were giving a good deal on custom 1 peice suits. Order now, pay now, get it in 4-8 weeks.

Avoid the following places for deals:
Daytona Fun Machines
Walker's Honda (if it's still around)
Daytona Hardley Ableson.

One place that did usually have deals was the KTM shop on International Speedway BLVD. But it was for Dirt Bikes only.

SOMETIMES you can find some good deals at the track, in the tents and sponsors area, but mostly i just found it was a time to relax and have a good time.
BTW, visit someplace called Lollipops, and another called Molly Browns and you'll not need to worry as all your money will be gone anyway........
:sneaky

1 - 5 of 5 Posts