Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Venom X/O
23,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What’s up everyone! I am trying to gauge interest again in a meetup at Jennings GP April 21-23. It is an open Jennings Trackday, not a forum sponsored event, so you’ll just go through Jenning’s website to pay for the day or days, depending on what you fancy :rock

We have a good sized group of guys going again, even some people coming down from Indy, WI, and MN!!!

If anyone wants my personal information or has questions about the track, everyone meeting up, or anything else just let me know.

Hope to see you out there :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Booooo that’s my anniversary and I’ll be in Hilton Head.

Pretty please change to the weekend before ????
@Banky

·
Registered
1,187 Posts

·
My R1 eats Gixxers
375 Posts
Jennings is a tough sell. I haven’t been back with the new bike as I’m worried it will sound too awesome and they’ll kick me off

·
Venom X/O
23,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Jennings is a tough sell. I haven’t been back with the new bike as I’m worried it will sound too awesome and they’ll kick me off
I’ve got a 200 mm Graves can and they haven’t popped me for sound. I even went full throttle past the guy holding the meter.

·
Super Moderator
24,104 Posts
You planning to make the trip?
Hardest part for me is getting there, NOT CRASHING and returning home safely. It's a long long way. 14.5 hours and that's without stops. I'd ride Sat & Sun and drive Fri & Mon. I checked out the prices too. So yeah, I want to come... just can't commit as of now.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
NCBike I vote for those that live in the wrong part of the country...

·
Cabin Fever!
253 Posts
my wife is down for a spring break trip w the kids with a stop off at this notorious track...gotta check dates

·
Super Moderator
21,669 Posts
I'll be there on the Saturday with a friend ready to burn up some race tires. Just hoping for good weather. It would be nice to have a little get together with you guys.

·
Venom X/O
23,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll be there on the Saturday with a friend ready to burn up some race tires. Just hoping for good weather. It would be nice to have a little get together with you guys.
I can’t wait. I haven’t seen you in a couple years yet... we still need to go fishing

·
Venom X/O
23,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hardest part for me is getting there, NOT CRASHING and returning home safely. It's a long long way. 14.5 hours and that's without stops. I'd ride Sat & Sun and drive Fri & Mon. I checked out the prices too. So yeah, I want to come... just can't commit as of now.
Send it!:1484:

·
Registered
37 Posts
What date you guys decide on I will be there at Jennings. What group do you guys run in? And post a track photo too so I can find you at the track.

·
Super Moderator
21,669 Posts
I can’t wait. I haven’t seen you in a couple years yet... we still need to go fishing
Still look the same. Just some more wrinkles and less hair. LOL... Yeah, we need to do some fishing sometime.

What date you guys decide on I will be there at Jennings. What group do you guys run in? And post a track photo too so I can find you at the track.
For the ones whose been to JGP we normally ride in intermediate and advance. I know Jennings pretty good, but I've not been there since last year. I'll probably start out in intermediate. Many times if there are not too many riders out there JGP will just run a open track later in the day. If you have not done a track day then JGP has a good intro to the track in the beginners group.

·
Venom X/O
23,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
April 22-24, and I will be explaining my paddock spot when we get there so everyone can have dinner together

·
Nüsse ? was ist das Nüsse ?
166 Posts
I need a track day. Id like to meet you guys. I'm not sure if I'll be town. I'm on the east coast of FL. near Melbourne. My last track day was a year and a half ago at Little Tally. I did the Ed Bargy weekend.

·
Venom X/O
23,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I need a track day. Id like to meet you guys. I'm not sure if I'll be town. I'm on the east coast of FL. near Melbourne. My last track day was a year and a half ago at Little Tally. I did the Ed Bargy weekend.
Keep me posted, we’d love to have you with us. It’s always a great time, especially when the skilled guys show up and spread the knowledge. Plus the hanging out after the motors stop.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts