Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
we meat again
18,549 Posts
I thought Honda wants CV in WSBK next year... :dunno

This is the latest news I heard for Suzuki...

Suzuki factory: With John Hopkins signed for two years and former 500cc World Champion Kenny Roberts Junior (probably out for the rest of the season after his practice crash, resulting in a broken wrist, in Australia) unlikely to continue, Suzuki is talking with Alex Barros, Steve Ellison and “others.” Among these “others,” however, team director Paul Denning does not include former World Superbike Champion James Toseland, dropped by Ducati Corse for 2006. Toseland, said Denning, might ride for the factory Rizzla Suzuki team in the British Championship or for another World Superbike team. Suzuki, still un-sponsored, will continue with Bridgestone.

:corn

·
Registered
146 Posts
there is a pretty lengthy thread on speedzilla.com about this rumor. Honda seems to believe that they own him and CV seems to believe he's ready for motogp with or without them. We will see if he's got the patience to wait for honda or the balls to give the suzuki a try. Apparently he did sign a letter of intent with suzuki.( I have not read anything official about this letter though)

·
fear is healthy
1,038 Posts
Chris going to Suzuki is a possibility as his contract is with Ten Kate NOT Honda as Honda don't run an official team in SBK. He will have a clause where he can go to GP's. Honda want him to finish the job he started this year but I would have thought are powerless if he gets the call to go to GP. I do know after getting a taste for GP's he wants to stay there but that means he has to find a ride and the top brass think Chris has to spend one more year in SBK. It could be their loss and Suzuki's gain.
I think Tosland has found his ride for next year and I think he will be riding for Ten Kate.
I had also heard that Alstare may be looking for another rider. So I think that could mean either Chris OR Yuki. going to replace Roberts as Suzuki. So either way Tosland could have a competitive ride if Chris is stopped from going to Suzuki. The only thing that seems certain is Roberts is out of a job at the end of this season.

Just my opinion.......

·
450 coming shortly...
7,696 Posts
I think he should hold off if he cant get the GP ride with Honda and wait until he can-already seen one young rider with so much potential going into Suzuki and not getting very far:no (Hopper)

Just my opinion though,
-Pete:thumbup

·
we meat again
18,549 Posts
Ozzy_R1_demon said:
I think he should hold off if he cant get the GP ride with Honda and wait until he can-already seen one young rider with so much potential going into Suzuki and not getting very far:no (Hopper)

Just my opinion though,
:iamwithst

I think so too... plus if he ditch Honda in WSBK now to join with Suzuki in MotoGP... I doubt he will ever get another chance with Honda in MotoGP again...

·
450 coming shortly...
7,696 Posts
Valerossi said:
:iamwithst

I think so too... plus if he ditch Honda in WSBK now to join with Suzuki in MotoGP... I doubt he will ever get another chance with Honda in MotoGP again...

EXACTALLY!!:fact

If he doesnt go to GP next year,get back to SBK,give the C'ship another attempt and see how things pan out in 07(especially with it seeming that Rossi wont be there,it'll open the flood gates for alot of changes:yesnod)

PS:Vale,you have a PM:hellobye

·
Biaggi:`WTF? Rossis behind me`
321 Posts
Ozzy_R1_demon said:
EXACTALLY!!:fact

If he doesnt go to GP next year,get back to SBK,give the C'ship another attempt and see how things pan out in 07(especially with it seeming that Rossi wont be there,it'll open the flood gates for alot of changes:yesnod)

PS:Vale,you have a PM:hellobye
Er... okay, but have you thought that Haga will have a upgraded R-1 Corser will have a better, faster Suzuki :fact

Chris only gets a couple of wins! Honda are not going to look at him then, nor anyone else for that matter!

Im sorry but Chris has himself to kick! he did a double at Laguna the year before!

had all the experience an set-up already! should have cleaned the title this year!

Haga an Corser an a whole bunch of other guys are gona beat him next year!:fact

He should go to Motogp now! ive just watched all the FP's at Turkey! the top guys were doin 1'58 an he 2'00 then they went 1'56 an he went 1'58

He's gone faster all the time! no shit if he had another 30 minutes practice over the rest he would be in the top 6:fact

he's in the 1'55 with Rossi An Biaggi!

PRETTY DAMN GOOD!! i think he likes the bike big time!!!:corn

HE IS THE REAL DEAL and Honda are gona make a HUGE mistake

·
fear is healthy
1,038 Posts
OK Guys read this and make your own conclusions.......

Team manager Paul Denning stated: “Suzuki has made this decision because it must look towards the future and the new breed of motorcycles and racers that are due to arrive on the scene. We need to place Suzuki back at the forefront of Grand Prix racing and we must take a fresh and new approach in order to achieve that. Kenny would no doubt have achieved strong results and contributed more to the development of the GSV-R, but we must look further than 2006 and start to make plans for the next generation of machines in 2007 and beyond.”

·
450 coming shortly...
7,696 Posts
rudivan said:
He's gone faster all the time! no shit if he had another 30 minutes practice over the rest he would be in the top 6:fact

he's in the 1'55 with Rossi An Biaggi!

PRETTY DAMN GOOD!! i think he likes the bike big time!!!:corn

HE IS THE REAL DEAL and Honda are gona make a HUGE mistake
So he's closer than 3 seconds aye:lol :lol :lol

As I said in another thread,SBK's next year is going to be one of the closest ever possibly. With Haga, Corser, Vermeulen *probably*, BAYLISS, and alother 4 or so thrown in there aswell that will be up on the podium,its going to be great!!!:rock

·
LIFE IS SHORT
12,690 Posts
Vermeulen to Suzuki?
-breaking news-

This is still just a rumor, but it's coming from a few different places, and they're all the right ones: We're hearing that Chris Vermeulen may have just signed with Suzuki to race the 2006 MotoGP series as John Hopkins' teammate. Vermeulen, who recently finished the World Superbike series in second after dominating the latter part of the season on his Ten Kate Honda, finished 11th last weekend as a substitute rider on the Camel Honda RC211V. It was an impressive performance for his first ride on the bike, but Honda principals were still indicating that the young Aussie should spend another year in WSBK before coming to MotoGP in 2007. If the rumor is true, Vermeulen didn't feel like waiting. It reminds one of when Honda nearly lost Nicky Hayden to Yamaha for 2003, when they thought he needed another year in AMA Superbike.

http://www.roadracerx.com/news/news101905_4.html

·
LIFE IS SHORT
12,690 Posts
Roberts Junior & Suzuki Split
they need to prepare for a new breed
by staff
Saturday, October 22, 2005

This just in from Suzuki:

Kenny Roberts Jr and Suzuki to part company

Kenny Roberts Jr will not have his Team SUZUKI MotoGP contract renewed for the 2006 season, when his current agreement comes to an end in December.

The 32-year old American joined Suzuki in 1999 and within two years the Suzuki Factory and Roberts Jr were celebrating victory in the 2000 World Championship. In his first two seasons with Suzuki, Roberts Jr won eight Grand Prix and was on the podium a further nine times. Suzuki and Roberts Jr have found success a little harder to come by in recent seasons, but still he showed his race-craft at a rain-soaked Donington Park in July this year where he finished in second place.

Roberts Jr has been instrumental in the development of the prototype Suzuki GSV-R race bike and has been a consistently good ambassador for Suzuki, and a consummate professional, throughout his career. He is the second highest rider in Suzuki's list of Grand Prix starters - behind only 1993 World Champion Kevin Schwantz.

No announcement has yet been made on Roberts Jr's future plans. The 2000 World Champion was due to make his final appearance for Suzuki at the last round of the season in Valencia, but the injuries sustained at Phillip Island have ruled him out of that event.

Kenny Roberts Jr:

"I could easily sit here and talk for hours about all the great times I have had with Suzuki; they have always been honest and have given me their best. I will of course miss many people. Over the years I have made many friends here at Suzuki, from the engineering level, to the management and of course within the team. I have many individual people to thank, but that is for another time. I am eternally grateful for what Suzuki has done for me. They have given me the chance to win a World Championship and I wish them the best. I know they can achieve whatever they wish to do."

Paul Denning - Team Manager:

"It has been a great honour to work with a Kenny during my first season in MotoGP. His knowledge and understanding of a racing motorcycle is better than any other racer I have met. He has great respect from all at Suzuki for bringing them the World Championship in 2000 and for the tireless work he has put into developing the GSV-R into a competitive race bike. He will always be regarded as a great champion within the history of Suzuki.

"Suzuki has made this decision because it must look towards the future and the new breed of motorcycles and racers that are due to arrive on the scene. We need to place Suzuki back at the forefront of Grand Prix racing and we must take a fresh and new approach in order to achieve that. Kenny would no doubt have achieved strong results and contributed more to the development of the GSV-R, but we must look further than 2006 and start to make plans for the next generation of machines in 2007 and beyond.

"On behalf of Suzuki Motor Corporation, we would like to thank Kenny for his skill, his dedication and his commitment to Suzuki since 1999. Together, Kenny and Suzuki became World Champions and that is something that will never change.

"On a personal level, I would like to thank Kenny for helping me and the team to learn so much during 2005. We will miss his consummate skills and his partnership. We very much hope that Kenny will stay in contact with us in the future - much like Kevin Schwantz, Kenny will always be one of Suzuki's Champions at all levels."

ENDS

Vermeulen Replaces Roberts?
by dean adams
Saturday, October 22, 2005
Judging by the press release issued today at Istanbul, Suzuki's MotoGP team is not interested in an older rider to fill the spot of ex-Suzuki man Kenny Roberts Junior. The release announcing Roberts not being re-hired mentions Suzuki is planning for the 2007 season and wants a rider to groom with that in mind.

Roberts Junior is 32 years old.

So, who will Suzuki get to replace Roberts? Reportedly, Honda World Superbike star Chris Vermeulen--currently enjoying a two race run in MotoGP replacing the injured Troy Bayliss--is at the top of the list.

Earlier in the week it was reported that HRC had told Chris the V that he would have to race World Superbike for another season before moving to MotoGP in 2007. Vermeulen could not have been pleased to hear that, as he has been pushing for a MotoGP try-out and ride for the better part of eighteen months.

It sounds as if Suzuki is ready to give the V the ride he desires for 2006. Stay tuned.

ENDS

·
450 coming shortly...
7,696 Posts
GAMBLER said:
Earlier in the week it was reported that HRC had told Chris the V that he would have to race World Superbike for another season before moving to MotoGP in 2007. Vermeulen could not have been pleased to hear that, as he has been pushing for a MotoGP try-out and ride for the better part of eighteen months.

It sounds as if Suzuki is ready to give the V the ride he desires for 2006. Stay tuned.
Not sure if this is good or bad news....:dunno

·
321 Posts
The thing is,

why will Honda give Chris a chance when they have Marco and Nicky to work with! who are just as young and have more experience! Also Elias is Marco's teamate next year!

Marco just won today so that will be another nail in the coffin for chris!

Nicky also rode really well, he's gettin consistent!

Honda are being bastards!!! they tell chris to go back to SBK, he wins the title for them! then when he wants a RCV ride.. they say err... sorry! so in other words they useing him, catch my drift?

They'll just use his talent to sell more fireblades an he knows it!!!

·
Largin it and lovin it !
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I kept hearing from Randy Mamola all weekend on eurosport that Vermin has already told Ten Kate that he will not be riding for them next year.

Also mentioned was that dutch journo's new for certain that Toseland had been in Holland at Ten Kate for a couple of days last week.

·
fear is healthy
1,038 Posts
biffa said:
I kept hearing from Randy Mamola all weekend on eurosport that Vermin has already told Ten Kate that he will not be riding for them next year.

Also mentioned was that dutch journo's new for certain that Toseland had been in Holland at Ten Kate for a couple of days last week.
I said Toseland would be at Ten Kate on the 14th (10 days ago) Not really new news.................. Toseland and Ten Kate

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,626 Posts
rudivan said:
The thing is,

why will Honda give Chris a chance when they have Marco and Nicky to work with! who are just as young and have more experience! Also Elias is Marco's teamate next year!

Marco just won today so that will be another nail in the coffin for chris!

Nicky also rode really well, he's gettin consistent!

Honda are being bastards!!! they tell chris to go back to SBK, he wins the title for them! then when he wants a RCV ride.. they say err... sorry! so in other words they useing him, catch my drift?

They'll just use his talent to sell more fireblades an he knows it!!!
sounds just like how Honda treated Colin Edwards when he won a WSBK championship for them...........

doesn't it.
:fact

·
321 Posts
R1Budha said:
sounds just like how Honda treated Colin Edwards when he won a WSBK championship for them...........

doesn't it.
:fact
Yup! Exactly! theyll say "win SBK for us an ul get an RCV" Bawaah an then they change their mind!

Dude you must read Rossi's Autobiography, he talks all about Honda, they just a company that believes their Bikes win races, not riders:fact

1 - 20 of 30 Posts