1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Nightmare About to Come True
1,894 Posts
Well that explains it:bash :bash :machinegu :bash :machinegu Damn cagers

·
Natural born looooooser
51 Posts
Hehe - I remember one saturnight several years ago when I didn´t see the gorilla - but hey, for some strange reason it ended up in my bed sunday morning anyway....:p

Why dont they do a research on that fenomenon??

·
one liter asphalt eater
111 Posts
DUMBASS BLIND DRIVERS

DISTRACTIONS CAUSE 90% of ALL COLLISIONS

Anyways, it seems to me that a major reason behind driver unawareness is simply the fact that the human brain cannot comprehend so much information at once.
Multi tasking is an incredibly difficult thing to do, especially when behind the wheel of a car.

I find that when riding, I am 500% more alert. I'm sure all of you will agree. When you know that one simple slip could end your life, you pay attention.

But the main problems are these: cell phones, kids, and OTHER DRIVERS. Too often asshole drivers are on the road performing asshole manouvers. We get distracted by their driving, and then get into accidents. Lets be more aware, like when you're riding. Hey, did you guys notice that nobody read the very first line of this post? LETS BE LIKE BIKE!

·
Forum chick
345 Posts
All bikers better be alert. Because 99% of drivers aren't going to show you respect. I always make sure I keep a good distance away from ALL bikers on the road. I never attempt to race a bike. First off, what for? I already KNOW I'm gonna lose. :D Second off, if something accidently happens, its going to be the biker that gets hurt, not me. I don't want to carry that on my shoulders the rest of my life and I don't want to see that biker get hurt, or worse. :(
When people get in their cars, they feel like they are in a "second home" of sorts. They get a little too comfortable. Like hypeR1 said, out come the cell phones, the kids are fighting and crawling around, gotta mess with the CD player, gotta fix your hair/make up, and on and on.
Who are the worst for things like this? Well... much as I hate to say it, most likely it would be teens and women.
NO, not ALL of them. I am going by what I have seen on the road myself. How many of you have seen the woman in front of you sit at the green light for a minute or two while applying make up and hold up traffic? Or weave in and out of the lane while combing her hair? What about the 16 year old with his new license thumping to music so loud that people 5 cars away will be deaf for life and he's in the emergency lane driving backwards because he is looking under his seat for his Dr Dre CD?
Its no wonder they didn't see the gorilla. If they did, they would have hit it!
Bikers Beware. Always.

·
Leaving You In The Dust
15 Posts
Sure you can say all that about cars but what about bike’s. I have seen bikes weave in and out of traffic like they are maniacs, They cut in way to early making the car slow down to avoid hitting him. They drive way to fast over the limit leaving almost no stopping time if the car in front stopped fast. They race up between two sets of lanes just to get to the front where the traffic lights are. My mother actually hit one doing that. She hit him along time ago while switching into the turning lane when he came running down the line. I have seen wheelies on freeways and also burnouts while waiting at traffic lights. I am not saying all biker’s do this. I am guilty of a couple of them. There is probably more but I just can't think of them right now.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The way I see it is that if you are on your bike and are out in public doing stunts, you know the risks involved and are obviously willing to accept that fact. If you screw up and cause an accident while you are jacking around then its to bad I guess... I dont ever wanna see anyone go down but they still know it is dangerous.

One thing I have to remind myself if I am out jacking around going 150 mph... other cars are expecting me to be doing about 70 or so... they think they have time to pull out but you are comming twice as fast at them and then things could get very ugly.

In otherwords I guess... go and wheelie on an old country road with some good asphault on it ! You most likely wont get a ticket or cause harm to someone else. I'll quit rambling now... L8R

1 - 7 of 7 Posts