Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bollocks.
11,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to get some videos of my old cam corder onto the pc.
Im running a geforce 5700le 256mb vivo, ive got all the latest drivers installed. For some reason when i hook the cables from the cam up to the video and audio in and open for example windows movie maker or something, and want to record i get nothing but a black screen.... it does record the sound though, but no video...

Anyone have any ideas? I cant find anything anywhere on this...

·
you can't have my last beer
3,466 Posts
How exactly are you trying to interface with the pc, what kind of connection? What kind of video camera is it?

·
Bollocks.
11,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
EarlThePearl said:
How exactly are you trying to interface with the pc, what kind of connection? What kind of video camera is it?
Its an ancient sony handycam, im trying to connect to it through the Composite input.

I get nothing but a black screen... what am i doing wrong here? Cause the sound does get recorded...

·
you can't have my last beer
3,466 Posts
I'm not sure you will be able to capture video this way. Sounds like the cam is not made to interface with a PC (i.e. firewire), and your video card is not capable of video capture. What you need is a separate tv capture card , or a better video card with tv capture built-in (i.e. ATI all-in-wonder).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here. :dunno

·
Kitty kitty... RRRR
1,712 Posts
Are you 100% positive your card has composite input, and not output?

EarlThePearl, if he has a composite TV input on the video card (which is very rare - usually, they have video output), he can capture movies w/o FireWire - the camera won't be synchronized, but he will be able to start/stop capture on the PC.

Movie Maker - I'm not sure it can handle that capture, try Ulead MediaStudio.

I'll write and explain more, and check the things further, if needed.

·
Bollocks.
11,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jack_R1 said:
Are you 100% positive your card has composite input, and not output?

EarlThePearl, if he has a composite TV input on the video card (which is very rare - usually, they have video output), he can capture movies w/o FireWire - the camera won't be synchronized, but he will be able to start/stop capture on the PC.

Movie Maker - I'm not sure it can handle that capture, try Ulead MediaStudio.

I'll write and explain more, and check the things further, if needed.
Thank you. Yep 100% sure the card is capable of it. It has S-Video In / Out, Composite In / Out.
Instead of hooking up the cam to for example a tv or something im connecting it to the computer and im trying to manually copy it over. However, im stuck with a black screen... Firewire would be my first choice but the damn cam is too old for that........... :dunno

·
G Addict
2,848 Posts
Is your hardware acceleration on high?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts