Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to pick up a 100% stock 1992 CBR900r with 30k miles. Good condition, obvious wear but no damage.
These bikes don't come up very often, so valuing them is difficult.

Any idea of value in USD?

·
Registered
114 Posts
i bought a nearly mint 92 gsxr600 ~2008. had 2k on it. paid like 2.5k i believe. sold it a couple years later for the same. EVERYONE loved the thing, but no one wanted to buy it. limited audience i guess. seems like pretty much everyone enjoys oogling at a classic, but wants to ride the latest and "greatest". i shoulda just kept it, considering the price. wrong time in life for such, i suppose.

personally, i think $2.5k for the cbr mentioned seems fair, but i'm not an expert. hell, a lot of the time my opinion isn't very popular...
i'm not the honda guru! i'd like a NSR though!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I bought it!

i bought a nearly mint 92 gsxr600 ~2008. had 2k on it. paid like 2.5k i believe. sold it a couple years later for the same. EVERYONE loved the thing, but no one wanted to buy it. limited audience i guess. seems like pretty much everyone enjoys oogling at a classic, but wants to ride the latest and "greatest". i shoulda just kept it, considering the price. wrong time in life for such, i suppose.

personally, i think $2.5k for the cbr mentioned seems fair, but i'm not an expert. hell, a lot of the time my opinion isn't very popular...
i'm not the honda guru! i'd like a NSR though!
It is hard to compare the CBR900rr a bike that was revolutionary at the time with a GSXR600. The 92 CBR900rr was a game changer much like the 98 R1.

In the end I picked it up for $4250 CDN or $3200 USD.

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
It is hard to compare the CBR900rr a bike that was revolutionary at the time with a GSXR600. The 92 CBR900rr was a game changer much like the 98 R1.

In the end I picked it up for $4250 CDN or $3200 USD.
the gixxers of that period have their own place in history, and helped shape what sport bikes are today. mine, a survivor of just a few to begin with, with it's real low mileage and mint condition, and it being of the first year of the line, was pretty special. and this isn't coming from some suzuki fanboy... but whatever; i was merely trying to give you some help. glad you were able to pick up a lil piece of history - don't drop it! and, nice headlights!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the gixxers of that period have their own place in history, and helped shape what sport bikes are today. mine, a survivor of just a few to begin with, with it's real low mileage and mint condition, and it being of the first year of the line, was pretty special. and this isn't coming from some suzuki fanboy... but whatever; i was merely trying to give you some help. glad you were able to pick up a lil piece of history - don't drop it! and, nice headlights!
I think the early GSXR are awesome and are game changers. just don't feel that way about the GSXR 600. That being said the 1st gen GSXR 750 & 1100 are awesome.
I don't yet have Gen #1 GSXR, but I do have this 1989 in pristine condition that I love. The double headlights just scream 1985-1991.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
1bigrn
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing